IP Controller softkeys match DLive surface options

Forums Forums dLive Forums dLive feature suggestions IP Controller softkeys match DLive surface options

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of msteel msteel 8 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Matthew Mixes
    Matthew Mixes
    Participant

Recently added an IP8 controller to my inventory of CTi1500’s specifically for monitor engineering purposes. Was bummed to find the Sel Mix PAFL Scene softkey options was not available on the IP controllers. There are a few other softkey options that are excluded from the IP world too. It would be amazing to have everything everywhere.

Profile photo of Brian
    Brian
    Participant

Wow. As lacking as the softkey options are on the A&H ecosystem (they really need to overhaul the system to provide more flexibility), I am shocked that they aren’t all available for the IP lineup. That really sucks.

Profile photo of msteel
    msteel
    Participant

I might be misunderstanding what you mean by “Sel Mix PAFL Scene” so forgive me if that is the case. I am also not at the IP8 so I’m going by memory…

I think you are correct that Sel and Mix are not available if the IP8 is connected to a Mix Rack directly (Mix Rack->controllers). But I’m pretty sure they are available if the IP8 is connected to a Surface (Surface->Controllers). If you are wanting to use an IP8 without a CTi1500 for monitors, then you might be using Director anyway and you might be able have Director act like a Surface and the IP8 connect to Director.

PAFL might be similar to SEL and MIX but I’m not sure….

I know for a fact that the keys above the faders on the IP8 can be configured for scene recall, at least if the IP8 is connected to the Mix Rack. I can’t remember if there are differences between the fader keys and the layer keys in that regard.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.