Inter channel delay-, polarity and phase alignment

Forums Forums dLive Forums dLive feature suggestions Inter channel delay-, polarity and phase alignment

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Dave Dave 3 weeks, 4 days ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of amesoaa
    amesoaa
    Participant

Let’s say you have a beefy DI signal and a crunchy cab tone for your bass guitar and you want to mix them together?
    Comb filtering!
    Instead of crossing over the two signals at 120Hz, how about using precise time-alignment and all-pass filtering to sum the two signals near perfectly?

Waves ‘InPhase’ plugin has been my secret weapon when dialing in drum sounds or lining up any other multi-miked input sources or checking polarity and tweaking phase coherence.
    Now Yamaha has a similar plugin ‘Interphase’ in their Rivage desks with automated delay-, polarity- and phase coherency sniffing and it is SLAPPIN’.

So, what I’m dreaming about is a sidechain driven input channel delay tool, with an all-pass filter bank, polarity switch, coherence display and auto-align features.

Getting bass guitar signals from DI and mic to sum perfectly with one button might sound ludicrous, but I’ve done it, heard the results and I think it is a feature for the future! 😀

Would this kind of feature be possible to implement?

Profile photo of Dave
    Dave
    Participant

Definitely +1! Measuring the distance between drum mics and their sources and comparing it to the overhead distances is a pain (which reminds, me I need to recheck all that).

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.