Handling RF-Devices 1.70

Forums Forums dLive Forums dLive General Discussions Handling RF-Devices 1.70

This topic contains 7 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Wolfgang Wolfgang 5 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Emmi
    Emmi
    Participant

Hello everybody,
    Is there a way to display the status of all RF devices as an overview (similar to Shure Workbench), for example as user defined screen in the meter overviews?
    I have nowhere found a way to create an overview of all the states of the devices.
    Yes, in the bank view and if you go deeper into the channels, the information is there (if you have the device with a channel “connected”, but nice that is not.

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

I don’t know exactly, but I think not at the moment

it would make not much sense for many devices…
    the information gets to small
    there comes the south area to mind, level meters and wireless device information on demand ๐Ÿ™‚

Profile photo of Wolfgang
    Wolfgang
    Participant

that’s exactly what I asked in another thread. thanks for the answer.

i am also of the opinion that for this function it is absolutely necessary to have an overview for several channels. ok, for a single very important channel, the “money channel”, you could possibly outsource this to an external screen. but otherwise, in my opinion, this connection option does not make as much sense, you have to be able to monitor several channels simultaneously.
    otherwise you have to put a laptop next to the desk as usual.

i will support steffen’s idea to place such an advertisement in the south-area (as a choice).

Profile photo of Jens-Droessler
    Jens-Droessler
    Participant

I second that.

Profile photo of RuneS
    RuneS
    Participant

Iโ€™d say create a bank with only your wireless, and that could give you an overview. Now, if we compare it to what you can monitor on other platforms, it is already pretty much on par.(Soundcraft Viโ€™s screen layout makes it the most useful really) I donโ€™t think it is supposed to be much more than it is.
    If I needed more details than that, I would probably just use an old iPad with the spluschannels app, or a cheap windows tablet with WWB.

Wolfgang
    Participant

so far i have been monitoring my radio channels via laptop. this has always worked well and also provides a good overview of several channels simultaneously.
    honestly: monitoring only single channels, where you also have to look into a certain sub-section, has no advantages here.
    that’s why i’m convinced: if you really want to use this connection sensibly, then you should also have an overview of several channels at the same time.
    I see room for improvement here.

Profile photo of Emmi
    Emmi
    Participant

So, now after some jobs with the DLive 1.70 and again and again trying to make good use of the Shure implementation, I must confess that I have returned to Laptop and Workbench for clarity. Too bad .. I thought that would be “history” …. hope there will be improved in upcoming versions. ( Overview on second Screen ๐Ÿ˜‰ )

Wolfgang
    Participant

so that’s what I thought.
    an iplementation only makes sense if you can use a multichannel overview.
    either in a METER window in the right screen, or even better as a tool in the south area.
    that would be interesting to me, too.

and now I’ve written it enough times ๐Ÿ˜‰

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.