GLD pricing….

Forums Forums GLD Forums GLD general discussions GLD pricing….

This topic contains 14 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Stix Stix 9 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

Read em and weep

Profile photo of dcongdon
    dcongdon
    Participant

I am not shocked… But that hurts. Maybe to make us feel a little better about losing half our investment, we can get some firmware attention…

With the new midas 32×16 stage box listing for $1999, I see the ar2412 got slashed too.

Profile photo of tylermartin86
    tylermartin86
    Participant

You’re joking… That hurt. Just a bit.

I just hope they aren’t doing that because they no longer want to give it firmware attention. It did come out a bit more than 2 years ago (correct me if I’m wrong), so it seems a bit too soon to call it quits.

Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

I think this is all about competition from Midas. I know a church, not my customer but another dealer, that just switched from buying a GLD112 to a Midas M32. I think that is the story. Tough when I see the demo 80 I paid way more dealer cost than it is sells for now. Story of my life on gear.

Profile photo of benniferj
    benniferj
    Participant

Not sure what you’re reading about price changes… or is it discontinued or what… can you post the article you’re referring to?

Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

There isn’t an article that I have seen. I just received my new dealer pricing yesterday. Also some retailers have already updated their pricing online. Sweetwater as example.

Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

You can now get a 112 48in system for less than the 80 used to sell for by itself. Big difference.

Profile photo of Mark Oakley
    Mark Oakley
    Participant

Any changes to iLive pricing?

-Mark

Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

Some decreases on ILive but I think those happened awhile ago. Would have to check. T112/IDR48-$17k

Profile photo of John-S
    John-S
    Participant

It would mollify my feelings if they offered owners of early serial number GLD80s some ME-1s at cost. It would not hurt them but it would help us. This is the second or third price reduction since I purchased my GLD80. I am feeling no love from Allen & Heath at this point. I am afraid to make any A&H purchases because soon after I pay the price will drop.

John

Profile photo of eotsskleet
    eotsskleet
    Participant

Well John-S that’s how it works! Developement is expensive and needs to be paid by the sells. I bought my GLD-80 as well a long time ago and even the price now is way cheaper.. The GLD was the money more than worth! It is such a great desk and I wouldn’t want to wait 2more years before I get it cheaper! Every profuct ob the market get’s cheaper after a while and competition with other manufacturer can be a reason for another price drop!
    I get myself an AB168 and a Dante Card now even there might be another price drop in a half a year – i think the money is it worth it!

Profile photo of benniferj
    benniferj
    Participant

John, I haven’t seen these price drops, not in £UK anyway, does anyone know a retailer that has updated their price? But it is exactly the same in any technology based world… cars… IT… You have to purchase a device at a price point and spec that works for you. That never changes, your £7k package still works exactly the same as what you intended it to when you bought it… items depreciate.

Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

I am a dealer but don’t advertise prices. I am more of a contractor.

I do see that Sweetwater has changed their online prices to the current MAP price. I have not looked at others.

Profile photo of Joe Hinkens
    Joe Hinkens
    Participant

I attended NAMM on Friday and visited the A&H booth. It was really nicely done. I was surprised to see the price cuts on the GLD and I think the QU series was discounted as well. But my thoughts were what a great value for those in the market now. I bought my GLD80 and AR2412 a couple years ago and I couldn’t be happier. I hear the same from the folks I’ve met who purchased the QU series. Compared to everything else on the market when I purchased mine, I thought the GLD was a great value and still do. After using it for a couple years, I’ve learned to appreciate it even more. I’ve added the AB168’s and the versatility continues to blossom. I see folks paying the same price (or close to it) for products without anything even close to the features and functionality built into the GLD. Many of the users out there have more experience with a variety of other products than I do, and therefor their opinion could trump mine. But I’m so pleased with the A&H user interface, robust features and functionality, dependability, and solid value, I’ll probably be hanging out under the A&H banner for a long time.

Profile photo of Stix
    Stix
    Participant

For me I think GLD is one of the best value and boards out there – If only they had a higher channel count.. I’m an iLive user and really like the mixers I have and the flexibility of the iLive system but have always hoped that they would continue to get new features (some now in the GLD range) like Scene fades, FX updates, quicker load times/Snappy scenes, ducking, gate expansion modes to name a few. I imagine most of these are CPU/ Main processing intensive upgrades that may now be beyond the iLive hardware capabilities. If A&H were to bring out an upgrade processing option for iLive that would allow continued development then I would be all over it. Alternatively – a 64ch GLD? – that would be good!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.