GL2400-432 connecting a Yorkville ES15P Subwoofer

Forums Forums Other A&H products GL2400-432 connecting a Yorkville ES15P Subwoofer

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Mike C Mike C 1 month, 1 week ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of orichards
    orichards
    Participant

Hello, i have a GL2400-432 and would like to connect 2 Yorkville ES15p (1800w) subwoofers. I am sort of new at this, but am having trouble as to how and where to connect the subwoofers. any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Profile photo of Mike C
    Mike C
    Participant

Depends on how you want to run them.
    What are your main speakers?

To run them as “AUX SUBS” use one of aux outs to run the subs, set that aux to post fade.

On the GL2400’s the mono output can be set to AUX 6 to feed sub woofers and the main level control on the mono fader.

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

I would not recommend aux fed subs for an absolute beginner.

Just connect your PA system to left and right outputs.
    Use the crossovers you already have.

Profile photo of orichards
    orichards
    Participant

My main/ house speakers are 2 yorkville elite EF10 passive, and I have two Yorkville YS–115 stage monitors.
    I’m just learning the board. And trying to learn where. So if the aux outs/ I would need a 1/4 plug. What if I have a xlr cable. How would that work?

Profile photo of Mike C
    Mike C
    Participant

Take the mixer main outputs to the subwoofers, take the crossover / high pass outputs from the subwoofers to drive the power amp that is the running the main speakers.
    Between the mixer and subwoofer inputs you may want to put at least an EQ in line.

Maybe find someone in your area who is decently good set up setting systems and running
    sound to do some hands on training on the mixer and setting up the system.

EDIT…..I just double checked and those subs DO NOT have a high pass crossover output mode. So you will need to use an external crossover in some form to feed the power amp running the your passive main speakers.

What model power amp do you have, some include crossover functions.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.