GEQ missing from SQ5

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ troubleshooting GEQ missing from SQ5

Tagged: 

This topic contains 21 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of DavidCo DavidCo 5 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

IF YOU “NEED” A GEQ IN AN INPUT CHANNEL YOU DOING SOMETHING WRONG

Profile photo of MarkPAman
    MarkPAman
    Participant

Hmmmm, a tad unkind I think.

I’d say, “If you need a GEQ on an input channel you’re doing something unusual

Back in the analogue days, I could easily have put GEQs on inputs – but I don’t remember ever wanting to.

Profile photo of junior
    junior
    Participant

I think different of you, if the GEQ was not useful it would not be fabricated and there would not be several GEQ plugins for dawns. I would like to hear a battery in the SQ without going through any program. A drumstick and a cimbal without a GEQ for fine and precise tuning only works in classical musi

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

what should I say… I’m wrong and was the last 20 years

Profile photo of junior
    junior
    Participant

The audio evolves the speed of light, nobody will always have the full reason because in the audio fits the saying that says “not always and never”

Profile photo of Mfk0815
    Mfk0815
    Participant

Hmm, a GEQ was mainly created to have at tool for correction of room disadvantages on live events for FOH systems aswell as for ringing out the monitors. They are mainly not designed for designing the sound of instruments. The main reason is that the narrow Q-factor do not sound really musical. Parametric EQs can be used more musical if you use lower values for the Q-factor. Of course you can use thePEQ also as a scalpell to remove feedback frequencies. To a PEQ is for sure more versatile than the GEQ. And the PEQ of the SQ is working really excellent.
    I am wondering how legions of sound engineer are producing really superb drum sounds without using ever a GEQ. Hmm, sure, you can do it, everthing is possible but using GEQs for input channels is, as far as I experienced the las 35 years, the exception and not the rule. Frankly spoken, it was the first time I heard about it while reading this thread.
    Never the less, A&H do not have GEQs as freely insertable FX within the FX rack, neither in the SQ nor in other models. If you need this desperatly, use either a plugin system like waves or another product vendor. Because I think that A&H will give you want you „need“ in the near future.

Profile photo of DavidCo
    DavidCo
    Participant

If I had things my way, digital mixers wouldn’t have GEQ at all as they’re a hangover of the analogue days. The only advantage a GEQ has that I can think of is the band count, and if you’re utilising most of a GEQ then you’re probably doing something wrong.

..but that’s just my opinion.

DC

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.