GEQ missing from SQ5

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ troubleshooting GEQ missing from SQ5

Tagged: 

This topic contains 21 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of DavidCo DavidCo 5 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of KenM
    KenM
    Participant

The built in GEQ does not show up in the processing screen. The other stuff is there such as PEQ, comp. inserts, etc. Am I supposed to buy one? The reference guide shows one installed.

Profile photo of ianhind
    ianhind
    Participant

There is a GEQ on every mix automatically, you don’t need to assign anything.

Select which mix you’d like to GEQ
    Hit the Select button on the master channel after selecting which mix
    Hit the GEQ button

Profile photo of KenM
    KenM
    Participant

Thanks Ianhind, I see the GEQ on the mains and aux’s. Don’t see it on the individual inputs. Would like to ring out inputs for feedback. Do I have to buy one of the GEQ plugins?

Profile photo of KenM
    KenM
    Participant

Looks like there is no GEQ for individual inputs just the PEQ.

Profile photo of Alex A&H
    Alex A&H
    Keymaster

Hi KenM,

Unfortunately, the GEQ is not available for inputs and the DEEP GEQs are only able to replace the stock GEQs on mix buses.

To use a GEQ with an input, I would recommend routing the input to a spare group and use the processing available there.

Thanks!

Alex

Profile photo of junior
    junior
    Participant

I think Allen & Heath was to have made plugins of GEQ that could be inserted in the channels of entry as well as the plugins of Compressors, because I do not see the fundamentals to buy a plugin that can only be inserted in the exits which already have of factory

Profile photo of Mfk0815
    Mfk0815
    Participant

Hmm, I don‘t see any reason for a GEQ on input channels. Even on outputs I use very seldom the GEQ, only when I have to work in a acoustically very difficult location i use the GEQ.
    Soplease tell me your reasons for a GEQ on input channels.

Profile photo of junior
    junior
    Participant

Use a GEQ on the drums and the drum, you’ll see how useful it is and the fantastic improvement in the timbre of the instruments. Without the GEQ in the drum you will never be able to reinforce the 60 Hz frequency that the bass drum needs. If it were not useful the competing consoles like: X32 Behringer, LS9 yamaha, Yamaha TF line would not use

Profile photo of Chris93
    Chris93
    Participant

Without the GEQ in the drum you will never be able to reinforce the 60 Hz frequency that the bass drum needs.

You can’t do this with the channel parametric?

Chris

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

@junior
    if you do so… go buy a X32 and have fun with the GEQ

Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

Extreme overkill. With no disrespect but if you need that much EQ then you need to be trying other things. Like different mics, drums, placement or whatever.

Profile photo of junior
    junior
    Participant

So answer me: why did Allen & Heath make a GEQ plugin to be used in the outputs if they already have the factory ??????

Profile photo of junior
    junior
    Participant

It already has an X32 and every day I regret changing the SQ 6. There is a rack with options for 8 plugins that can be used at one time and nobody pays any more for that. I think maybe you’re satisfied with a little paying a lot for it, that’s why more and more companies are caring about customer satisfaction

Profile photo of Alex A&H
    Alex A&H
    Keymaster

Hi Junior,

The purchasable GEQ add-ons have different characteristics compared to the standard factory GEQ (this is the same for the compressors) and if a particular GEQ will be useful to a specific application, you may want to add it to your unit. If you are happy with the stock GEQ/compressor, then you have everything you need! You can find more information on each GEQ and compressor here: https://www.allen-heath.com/key-series/sq/sq-deep-processing/

The SQ has a GEQ on every bus, so you don’t take up any FX units to use a GEQ. Because this is the method used on SQ, it is not possible to use the GEQ in the FX rack or directly on a channel.

It is possible to use the GEQ with an input channel if you route it through a group.

Thanks! Alex

Profile photo of junior
    junior
    Participant

The question is this, every time I need a GEQ in a channel and rotate it through the group I will lose an auxiliary output which in my case is not interesting because the 12 outputs are already all used as returns. Allen & Heath should create a GEQ plugin in the same format as the plugin compressors so that it can be used directly in the input channels, I guarantee that everyone would like it even I would buy one without doubts

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.