Firmware V1.9

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions Firmware V1.9

This topic contains 49 replies, has 22 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of dpdan dpdan 7 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 46 through 50 (of 50 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of PLBC Tech
    PLBC Tech
    Participant

Thanks Lou and Dr. J for responding. Based on your feedback (that the update should not take hours), I was able to get it going. I wrote it up in the troubleshooting section (titled “Stalled Version 1.9 update and fix”), in case others encounter the same thing.

Steve

Profile photo of Studiodawg
    Studiodawg
    Participant

I am really happy to be an Allen & Heath user! This firmware update with the Shure and Sennheiser EQ libraries is great. I dug out the matching microphones from my collection and was able to try out the Shure 55, 57, 58 & Beta58 eqs, plus the Sennheiser e835. I used the 58 vocal eq on the 57 and it sounds great for vocals. The 57 snare eq was a bit bity for vocals to me, but t5hen again a bity snare has its place!

Profile photo of J3phMP
    J3phMP
    Participant

The 935 worked great on my QU16, just wish they did have an EQ for Beta57, we use it for vocals.

Profile photo of Studiodawg
    Studiodawg
    Participant

I’m hoping the microphone EQ library will grow as a function of time…I was really pleased with how the Elvis mic (55) took to the EQ as compared to the others. That was the first time it didn’t sound “thin” to me.

Profile photo of dpdan
    dpdan
    Participant

SO COOL!

I did not know that the two stereo groups can be used as additional stereo mixes (or mono/one side) mixes
    on QU24, Qu32 and Q-Pac. This is wonderful!

I read that this was introduced in 1.8 but did not know that.
    I saw that the LEDs were purple instead of blue, but did not know we had the option to use these as traditional groups OR mixes. When I saw a different color LED for the groups that should have waved a red flag in my mind, but hey 🙂
    WOW!
    Thank you A&H !

Now add the multi-band compressor and allow us to color our channels on the QuPad APP and life as we know it will be super good, not that it isn’t already, but the lack of color coding channels is inconceivable. I mean come on… Mackie lets us choose colors and even has mug shots there too.

color channels

Viewing 5 posts - 46 through 50 (of 50 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.