Firmware V1.9

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions Firmware V1.9

This topic contains 49 replies, has 22 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of dpdan dpdan 7 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 50 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of tcworship
    tcworship
    Participant

Ugh! We just came in to run a rehearsal for our services this morning, only to find that the QU- You app was no longer connecting to the board, disabling our monitor mixes. We noticed on our smartphones that when the App was opened, it showed them already updated to version 1.9. We have not yet updated our QU-24 to version 1.9, due to the desire to wait until the glitches are worked out. Is there any way to get our QU-You apps back to version 1.8 until we do the firmware update?

Profile photo of Mike C
    Mike C
    Participant

Is there anyway to revert back to the 1.82 iPad app version? I have a QuPac in an install and their iPad auto updated so they can’t control the mixer now. I called them and told them to turn off auto updates the day 1.9 was released but it did not get done.

If not I’m making a run to do the firmware up on their QuPac.

For what it’s worth 1.9 works great for my QuPac, used it all day for a festival yesterday. The Qu Drive control is a big plus for me.

Thanks
    Mike C.

Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

To my knowledge no way to revert IOS versions. Thank you Apple. Just have to get the firmware upgraded. Make sure your iOS devices don’t upgrade till you do.

Profile photo of EGGStudio
    EGGStudio
    Participant

hi, I apologize for my English are Italian , I own two qu 24 years of qu pad would be nice to change the channel color and icon tool , is found in all the applications of the other mixer , I do not think it’s a really difficult thing to implement , I hope to see you on the next firmware.

Profile photo of Dr. J
    Dr. J
    Participant

Over the weekend I found that my iPad (Qu-Pad) automatically updated itself rendering the iPad useless for the mixer. The message I received was to update “the desk firmware”.

I have about every auto function I can find on my iPad turned off… ESPECIALLY the iOS function…. So I am confused how this automatically updated…

Anyways – ringing out the monitors was quite a chore without the iPad..

Today I updated everything except my iPad iOS… Now the iPad is functioning as normal again and I have full control of the mixer again. All good there.

Has anyone updated their iPads to the latest iOS 9.3.2 and still have full control over their mixers? I am still hanging onto v.8..something – knowing I will not be able to go back if it is wrong.

Profile photo of [XAP]Bob
    [XAP]Bob
    Participant

This is why I keep saying that A&H should release QuYou1.8 as it’s own app when they release 1.9.
    I don’t know if there is a cost to this, but it would end up with a library of historical releases.

My iPad is set not to auto upgrade…

Profile photo of J3phMP
    J3phMP
    Participant

I’ve run 9.1 9.2 and 9.2.3 and have no issues.

Profile photo of airickess
    airickess
    Participant

I manually updated my iPad iOS, then updated the Qu-Pad program. I had no problem connecting with the mixer or controlling it.

Profile photo of [XAP]Bob
    [XAP]Bob
    Participant

Not to auto update apps I should say.

It’s the QuPad app that won’t talk to versions more than a mi or version apart (I.e. 1.8 will talk to 1.81 etc, but not 1.9
    1.9 won’t talk to 1.8

Maybe n-1 compatibility would be useful (even if downgraded) no idea how expensive that would be though…

Profile photo of Dr. J
    Dr. J
    Participant

I am happy to report that updating my iPad to iOS 9.3.2 works great with the new firmware update 1.9 and Qu-Pad app 1.9.

All good here!

Profile photo of Dr. J
    Dr. J
    Participant

Yeah I had to check and see if auto update was “ON” for the Apps and sure enough it was. I very quickly shut it off… Same for the iOS..

I could have sworn all that was shut off when I set up the iPad for the first time…

Profile photo of Lou
    Lou
    Participant

Auto background stuff wastes battery too. Apple is getting insidious about doing stuff in the background. It is good to chekc it now and again, once a month at least. When you update the OS it change many of your settings in the background.

I have a second iPad 2 that I got for the Mackie I used to use – without cell connection – so I updated it yesterday. Today I will uodate my Qu-16 and Qu-24.

Profile photo of PLBC Tech
    PLBC Tech
    Participant

How long should the 1.9 update take? When I first purchased my Qu-24, it came with 1.7. The update to 1.8 went very smoothly and took just a few minutes. The update to 1.82 also completed in just a few minutes (less than 10). However, my 1.9 update has been running for hours, what have others experienced?

I am glad I did not start this right before a live service (house of worship install). I have till next Sunday to figure it out, but I am wondering how long to let the Pan LED’s sweep back and forth before I turn off the mixer and restart it?

Thanks,

Steve

Profile photo of Lou
    Lou
    Participant

Should take around ten minutes… You could restart it to factory settings, but you’d lose any saves scenes. Check with troubleshooting forum maybe?

<L>

Profile photo of Dr. J
    Dr. J
    Participant

It should not take that long… No more than 3-5 minutes… I have update two QU-32’s this past week.

I know the alert message says to NOT power the system down while upgrading but if yours don’t finish up soon… You may not have a choice…

Let’s see if someone else comes along here with better advice..

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 50 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.