Firmware V1.9 ETA?

Forums Forums dLive Forums dLive General Discussions Firmware V1.9 ETA?

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 117 replies, has 35 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Scott Scott 2 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 118 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Dave
    Dave
    Participant

I don’t know anything about where the dLive is in its life cycle, but I have seen training videos where A&H claims they still have tons of room left in their processor. Of course, “out of processing power” is only one of several reasons they might want to update their product line, so I think all you can really take away from it is there’s likely not a technical reason for development to stop any time soon.

Profile photo of Wolfgang
    Wolfgang
    Participant

If you have observed the product cycles of A&H over the decades, it gives you a good feeling that the dLive will remain current for a few more years.
    So you can assume that this mixed system will not lose its value any time soon.
    And if I understood correctly, there will be a lot of innovations in the next update.

Profile photo of Ilrusso
    Ilrusso
    Participant

Hello A&H,
    any news on this topic? I think the last communicated date was March/April…

I guess many dlive’s are still in the warehouse, waiting for the next gig.
    But some of them are running several times a week like ours and therefore we’re curious about the hopefully upcoming V1.9 😉

Thanks

Profile photo of RS
    RS
    Participant

It was a communicated “maybe March/April”.
    It turned into a “maybe not”.

Profile photo of volounteer
    volounteer
    Participant

@dB

Like your modern dance track…
    With a build-up this long, I bet the drop will be of epic proportions.

or they are not releasing it because it is just a nothingburger?
    I prefer to think the inmates (coding hackers) are running the asylum (AH)

@ilrusso
    Hello A&H,
    any news on this topic? I think the last communicated date was March/April…

which year ?

@dave
    I don’t know anything about where the dLive is in its life cycle, but I have seen training videos where A&H claims they still have tons of room left in their processor.

what was the date on those videos ?

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

nobody specified the year…

Wolfgang
    Participant

The dLive has just been sitting here in storage for months. Without live music, it is not needed in our house.
    I use the SQ6 for the local council meetings.

But if there was a new firmware, I might get the idea of touching the console again. 😉

Profile photo of andrewyager
    andrewyager
    Participant

As we’re once again prepping the dLive to head out to gigs, it felt prudent to ask if there is any new hope raising estimates for the 1.9 release given 1.8.8 is out this month…

Profile photo of Showtime
    Showtime
    Participant

1.8.8 is made very quickly to use the dx168 with new hardware with de dlive.

Due chip shortage a&h had to go to other chip’s witch recuire a firmware update.

Don’t forget that development team are not in the same building due corona.

SteffenR
    Participant

well… there is this thing called internet…

Profile photo of MJCElectronics
    MJCElectronics
    Participant

well… there is this thing called internet…

The dLive development team is the same as the Avantis development team.
    COVID has not stopped them working, they’ve released some major updates for Avantis during this time and that seems to be where the majority of the development effort is being focussed.

I’ve said this before, I totally get that commercial considerations have to be taken into account and that efforts need to be focussed on things that keep the cash flowing before development for existing customers (the DX chipset issue being a prime example) but I do think the decisions made on the dLive 1.9 development cycle have lead to a lot of flagship owners being frustrated (to say the least) with A&H.
    Every time I see a comment about dLive feature requests on here or social media it’s not long before someone comes along with the “what updates?, we’ve been waiting 2 years+” style comment.
    A&H want dLive to be regarded as a premium brand and for the most part they got it right but this issue is the one thing I see as damaging the brand reputation.
    Maybe in hindsight the decision to not release 1.9 when (so we were told) it was just about ready at the start of the pandemic and to “add more features” to it was not the best.

I’m gonna stop now before this turns into a proper rant and Nicola tells me off (again) :-D.

SteffenR
    Participant

I’m gonna stop now before this turns into a proper rant and Nicola tells me off (again) :-D.

try to keep it fair and don’t use abusive speech, I know it’s hard sometimes 😉

I’m with you in regards of V1.9, like many others…
    we had a similar situation with iLive some years ago
    I think there it was version 1.8 that took forever to get done…

Profile photo of MJCElectronics
    MJCElectronics
    Participant

try to keep it fair and don’t use abusive speech

I’m never abusive, just could have gone on.

Anyone who knows my posts here and on social media will know I’m an A&H fanboy.
    Every console I’ve owned has been A&H and all bar the first one were bought new.
    I’ve owned flagship A&H digital consoles since iLive was introduced.
    It winds me up when I see the brand reputation being damaged.
    First in the analogue days it was because the consoles were such good value for money that every bar and club had one but often didn’t look after them or maintain them so A&H got a bad rep. because band engineers would see so many broken ones. The brand became tarnished not because the consoles were bad but because of the proliferation of poorly maintained examples. A&H were a victim of their own success here.
    Since dlive came out I’ve only seen 2 complaints, one on Prosoundweb from someone in the States who was in the market for 5 or 6 consoles and the US distributor failed miserably to get them a demo model so they spent their dollar elsewhere (this was a good while ago) and the other is the 1.9 situation.
    Every time there’s a social media post that even goes vaguely near dlive firmware versions someone comes along with a smart arsed comment. I must admit I’m often tempted to but stop myself now because I don’t want to see dLive getting a reputation of “Good value but still expensive considering the company has stopped caring for its flagship users”.
    Only today someone posted a picture of a load of dLive kit with the title “Update day ready to get back to work” and the first comment was “Update to what?”
    As I said above the decision to halt the 1.9 release when it was almost ready 18 months ago to add more features was a bad move. Again I’m repeating myself (must be my age) but in my opinion a modern agile iterative development process would help everyone. Releases would be much more frequent than at present for all platforms although with fewer new features per release. I guess there must be a good reason why this isn’t the case.
    Resources from the Avantis/dLive development team have had to concentrate on Avantis as it’s the new kid in town and as is always the case was released to market with big things being incomplete (Director being a prime example).
    I understand the commercials around that but the dLive user base is getting increasingly frustrated as time goes on and there’s still no sign of 1.9. The longer it takes the more negative comments appear to live forever on the Internet.
    I’m personally not feeling massively aggrieved by the lack of an update, but am concerned about the impact it’s having on the brand.
    Would I like to see Sennheiser wireless integration, sure I would but I can cope without it and get the same information from WSM.

See, rant! And not an abusive word was typed (oh and Nicola didn’t really tell me off, just correct some of my wild speculation , that’s just my English self-deprecating humour). Hopefully it’s not too incoherent.
    Come on A&H, time for a little dLive love if only to shut everyone up 🙂

Wolfgang
    Participant

+1!

I agree with every word of MJCElectronics, he hits exactly what I think.
    There is nothing to add to that.

Profile photo of Johnrevival
    Johnrevival
    Participant

+1 as well

Well said!

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 118 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.