Ethernet splitter for wired connection/router

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions Ethernet splitter for wired connection/router

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of robbocurry robbocurry 7 months, 4 weeks ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Coleye
    Coleye
    Participant

Hi folks, wonder if anybody can shed some light on this for me – would it work to use a splitter from the ethernet socket on a qu-sb to run a router on one connection and an ipad through a lightning-rj45 adapter to have one ipad connected wirelessly and another hard wired?

Profile photo of Mike C
    Mike C
    Participant

That would work to have both a hardwired and a wireless iPad connection.

If using a standard WIFI router you do not any other other network hardware.
    The mixer plugs into one of the LAN ports on the WIFI router and the hardwired
    connection would plug into another.

Do not connect anything to the WAN port.

Profile photo of Scott
    Scott
    Participant

NEVER EVER EVER EVER EVER…. try to split an ethernet connection! Run a small 4 (or so) port switch instead.

Profile photo of Coleye
    Coleye
    Participant

Thanks for that, don’t know why I didn’t even think of the other connections on the router! No need for a splitter right enough. Cheers!

Profile photo of Mike C
    Mike C
    Participant

As Scott said and I should have mentioned, a switch is the correct term and piece of equipment. I can see how when you look at one it gives you the idea of a splitter.

Profile photo of robbocurry
    robbocurry
    Participant

I do exactly that with my QU-SB via a switch – it works great!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.