Echo feedback

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ troubleshooting Echo feedback

This topic contains 6 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of SteffenR SteffenR 1 year, 8 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Singtall
    Singtall
    Participant

so I’m having effects issues…I got the console over a month ago and have done maybe 4 shows with it and I’m still having issues with things like the echo feeding back. I have only the lead vocal channel feeding it, the send about half way up and if I turn things up a little more it goes into feedback. I’m using the standard vocal slap preset with no changes. sounds like the echo is feeding into reverb, but I can’t find where that’s happening. great sounding mixer, but I’m starting to regret buying it.

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

I have only the lead vocal channel feeding it,

How you did this?

Profile photo of Mike C
    Mike C
    Participant

It sounds like your FX sends are turned up on the FX return channels, doing that will send the FX output back into itself causing an internal feedback loop.

Using a digital or analog mixer sending an FX out back into it self will produce the same result.

Profile photo of pangan00
    pangan00
    Participant

fx is set to pre

Profile photo of Rafael A&H
    Rafael A&H

Hello @singtall,
    It’s possible that on your Reverb FX send you are sending the return of the Echo FX.

I would suggest restarting all you sends. Select each FX send and make sure all faders are down. (On every layer)
    Select your Echo FX and raise only your vocal channel fader.
    If your Echo FX return is on unity at the main mix, you should then hear the FX on your main mix.

If you have further issues, kindly submit a ticket at our support centre and I’ll be happy to troubleshoot further with you.

Support

Thank you,
    Rafael

Profile photo of Singtall
    Singtall
    Participant

fixed! effects send and return were all set wrong. sounds great now. thanks

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

I’m not surprised…

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.