De-Esser for multiple channels (is there a better way?)

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ general discussions De-Esser for multiple channels (is there a better way?)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of trickytrev trickytrev 3 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of yoshiqzo
    yoshiqzo
    Participant

On the SQ5, I am currently sending multiple vox channels (not assigned to Main LR) via FX send to a single De-Esser, which is being returned to a vox group bus.

I guess I could use multiple FX slots and assign them to each vox but the slots are already being used for multiple verbs, delay, multiBD’s, dynEQ’s.

Does anyone know a better way to De-Ess multiple vocals on the SQ?

Profile photo of Phil Driscoll
    Phil Driscoll
    Participant

Create a vocals group, send all the vocals to that, insert the de-esser in the group, job done. Of course, you’ll be cutting some hf out of everyone when one person makes a loud S, but your audience will probably not notice unless the settings are extreme.

Profile photo of trickytrev
    trickytrev
    Participant

I do it this way too.. (send all VOCs to a group, and have the De-esser as an insert on the group).

But the follow-up question to this is tricky if we want to chain two FX together for multiple channels:
    eg. if we want to use a dynEQ for the multiple channels which are going to the voc group with inserted de-esser, (for whatever reason) as well? Is this possible? We can’t send a group output to another group, but we can assign a group output to MainLR, Aux, Matrix mixes as we like. And we can’t send an Aux to the MainLR (only to Matrixes).

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.