Cubase 10.5 Q-Link – QU-16 Fader Control

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu DAW integration Cubase 10.5 Q-Link – QU-16 Fader Control

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of anthony1974 anthony1974 1 year ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of anthony1974
    anthony1974
    Participant

Hi folks,

Does anyone know if I can use Cubase Mix Console faders to control the QU-16 faders? I particularly want to know if I can use the Q-Link function in Cubase to proportionately lower the volume of all selected faders?

Is there another way to do that directly on thw QU-16 (other than using the master fader). The scenario is that I often write songs (probably the wrong way) by writing the music first and adding vocals much later on. I don’t have enough headroom in my mix for the vocals to stand out, so I end up having to lower the volume of all the other tracks individually, but wanted to see if there was a quick way of doing it.

Thanks,

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

DCA faders
    In the custom layer you can set DCA faders to control the volume of some channels at once.

anthony1974
    Participant

Hi SteffenR,

I will check that out, but does this reduce volume proportionately, absolutely? I also need to control all input channels 1-16 at least.
    Thanks,
    Anthony.

Profile photo of Mike C
    Mike C
    Participant

Yes the DCA control proportionately controls the level.
    Assign the channels to a DCA, set the DCA to 0db ( about 3/4 the way up)
    set the mix levels as you like on the channel faders.
    Adjusting the DCA master will now change those levels and keep the mix balance.

Keep in mind the way you perceive a mix can change as the over all volume changes.

anthony1974
    Participant

Thanks Mike and Steffen, I’m going to try this at the weekend when I get back into a little music.

anthony1974
    Participant

Hi folks, I tried this technique and it works well. THanks for your input.

Is it correct that the DCA doesn’t affect the signal on the input strip, but only to the L/R bus?

Also is the name of the DCA groups common to all scenes or is it scene specific?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.