Connecting RNC 1773 to Zed 60 14FX issues.

Forums Forums Other A&H products Connecting RNC 1773 to Zed 60 14FX issues.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Harle Harle 5 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Harle
    Harle
    Participant

What’s the best way to connect the RNC compressor to the Zed?
    1. Mic XLR Channel 1 input.
    2. FX out to RNC input 1
    3.RNC output 1 to chanel 2 Line in.
    This will mean the FX out signal will be Postfader. So Channel 1 gain up, fader up, FX up
    Channel 2 gain up, fader up
    I get nothing from my speakers.

OR

Sticking the FX out into a Focusrite 6I6 then into the compressor, then back to mixer Channel 2 line in.
    Result nothing.

Best suggestions please.
    Would a reamping box into the Channel 2 xlr maske any differrence?

Help please

Profile photo of Mike C
    Mike C
    Participant

Use the main L R insert jacks to patch in the RNC that would apply it to
    the main mix.

Profile photo of Harle
    Harle
    Participant

Thanks Mike C,
    Just make sure I’m with you on this. I have vocal in Channel 1 XLR. Fader up, gain up, Eq etc. I then increase FX out on channel 1, put a 1/4 TRS in FX out and into input 1 of the Compressor (or should I use Y TS into compressor Inputs 1 & 2 ?), and then input 1/4 TRS in the compressor 1 out( With a y ts into Main input 1 & 2, (or TS from compressor out 1 & 2 into ts Main in?)
    Sorry for my ignorance.
    Harle

Profile photo of Mike C
    Mike C
    Participant

You would use a TRS “insert cable” that breaks out the TRS plug into two TS plugs
    to connect to the RNC inputs and outputs.

I think there maybe a picture of it in the ZED manual.
    Here is a link to one.
    Easy to make if your handy with a soldering iron.

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/IPBQ2Q5–pro-co-5-foot-ipbq2q-5-1-4-inch-trs-to-2-1-4-inch-ts-insert-cable

Profile photo of Harle
    Harle
    Participant

Mike C,
    Many many thanks for the input. As my first attempt failed, and before your latest response I called RNC. What a great company service they provide. While on the phone they downloaded the 14FX manual and provided the following best option that eliminated pre/post fader issues, use of the FX out (as I think that would have cut of the system FX) , or Main mix inputs etc. I think this solution is directed at A&H ZED’s due to the 14FX configuration.
    This is the suggested set up for our lead vocals.
    1. The mic connects to my Focusrite 6i6 via XLR.
    2. The 6i6 connects via 1/4 TRS to RNC (the compressor) input 1.
    3. The RNC connects via TRS from output 1 to A&H Channel 1 line in.
    4. I then use Channel 1 options EQ, Aux etc just as I would without the RNC in the chain.
    5. Ignoring the mic xlr it only uses two cables, and only uses up a single mixer channel.

It worked perfectly on my desk. Before I use this live, any comments from you would be appreciated.
    Thanks
    Harle

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.