Confused about AUX returns with WAVES

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ general discussions Confused about AUX returns with WAVES

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of WaihekeSoundie WaihekeSoundie 1 year, 11 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of WaihekeSoundie
    WaihekeSoundie
    Participant

Hi there,
    I’m trying to get the configuration of my SQ5 with Waves Soundgrid Superrack working the best way.
    Inserting is pretty straight forward: I just send to Waves and return from Waves using the Insert tab on the channel or group I want to apply the Waves effect chain to – mapping the I/O Ports for the applicable send and return there.

But what is the best way for an effects bus.
    I don’t think I can bypass the 8 internal FX engines to use Waves.. can I?
    I can’t quite get my head around how to create an fx bus that I can return Wave’s post processing signal from from..

Lets say I want to use AUX 7 on my surface as a post Fader FX bus to Waves..
    I assume in this case I must Patch using the Insert Send of my AUX send (AUX 7) to the waves port I have my desired effect chain on.
    But then to get the processed signal back I don’t use the return on the AUX 7 insert.. I leave that send’s insert return blank.. instead I use one of my desk’s other inputs to receive the return by setting the inputs of the channel to be an output port in waves (prob the return port of the channel in Waves that I sent the AUX 7 to).

Is this how it should be done? Just like patching an effect return into a spare channel on the desk if you don’t have any (more) spare dedicated FX return channels?
    Thank you
    Andy

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

The send should be on aux output, the return is a normal (maybe stereo) input channel, no inserts involved.

Profile photo of WaihekeSoundie
    WaihekeSoundie
    Participant

Thanks Steffen– that made sense / worked
    your help is appreciated

Andy

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.