Clicks while playing 48khz Audio with DVS

Forums Forums dLive Forums dLive General Discussions Clicks while playing 48khz Audio with DVS

This topic contains 8 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of JohannesK JohannesK 6 months, 4 weeks ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of JohannesK
    JohannesK
    Participant

Hello everybody,

I encountered this problem several times: while playing 48kHz audio with DVS using different software players and different computers into the 64×64 card or the 128×128 card and different dLive systems clicks can be heard. What can I possibly do wrong?

Cheers Johannes

Profile photo of RS
    RS
    Participant

Probably the DVS driver on each of the computers is not synched to Dante.

JohannesK
    Participant

Ah, ok! I found something about this on the DVS FAQ page: “macOS: DVS Clock Sync Locked / Unlocked” and the computers were Macs. I didn’t understand if the software should get me an error message if this happens so that I can be shure that this is the reason or not… On the other hand Audinate says, that this should not impact the audio!? Does anybody had this issue with really noticeable clicks? Or is there another way to handle this problem (I already used an external Network port at least on one of the computers) which is not mentioned in this DVS FAQ article?

Profile photo of Nicola A&H
    Nicola A&H
    Keymaster

Can you confirm the Dante card clock settings in Dante Controller and AudioSync settings in your dLive?
    If you’re only using the card for recording and playback, the recommended settings are Internal for the dLive AudioSync, and the Dante card set to ‘Enable Sync to Ext’ and ‘Preferred Leader’ in Dante Controller.

JohannesK
    Participant

The dLive AudioSync setting was Internal, the Dante Card was NOT SET to neither of the options! I tried and couldn’t hear any clicks. I will try on the second system as soon as I’m at the warehouse again.

Thanks a lot!!

Profile photo of Chris
    Chris
    Participant

If you still have issues, try increasing the “Dante Latency” in DVS. If it is set too low sometimes the system can’t keep up, especially the more tracks you send.

JohannesK
    Participant

Thanks, but I already set it to 10ms…

Profile photo of Chris
    Chris
    Participant

Hmm… the only other things I personally can think of is to try new network cables, try isolating your network from everything else, or it could be a bad card.

JohannesK
    Participant

I didn’t had any issues after setting the Dante card to ‘Enable Sync to Ext’ and ‘Preferred Leader’ in Dante Controller but also changed the Mac and Dante card to a fix IP Adress. Unfortunately I wasn’t able to check the other setup till now but I’m confindent to fix this issue with these solutions! 🙂 Thanks again to everybody!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.