Can't process duplicate channel?

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ general discussions Can't process duplicate channel?

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of John John 4 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of John
    John
    Participant

If I duplicate a local input in the IO page: ie, make local 1: Vocal 1(channel 1) and Vocal 2 (channel 2) the compressor on vocal 2’s channel doesn’t work. It’s global direct out is set to Pst delay.

If I go to process vocal 2 – EQ works – but no compression.

Any insights?

Thanks!

Profile photo of Mfk0815
    Mfk0815
    Participant

I think you misunderstood something. The direct out setting is not to setup the tap point for a mixbus but for the channel direct outs, which can be routed individual to outputs, lets say for multitrack recordings.
    What you want to change is the tap point (or as A&H is naming it ‚channel source‘) of the mix bus (aka Aux). You can do this be selecting the Aux Master channel, go to routing and then you can see that the button right below the channel name is now named ‚Aux Snd‘instead of ‚Dir Out‘. Pressing this button gives you the opportunity to change the channel source for this Mix bus.
    BTW: you can do the same for the FX Sends too. This will probably help you to get rid of your FX Send issue.

Profile photo of John
    John
    Participant

Hey thanks heaps mate. That sorted me.
    REally appreciate the input!

Cheers.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.