Avantis Shure Integration

Forums Forums Avantis Forums Avantis General Discussions Avantis Shure Integration

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Lee Lee 5 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Seth
    Seth
    Participant

I’m having some trouble with the Shure Integration On the Avantis to work.

I have 6 QLX-D4 receivers that on on the network, I can see and manipulate them from Shure’s Wireless Worskbench. Also on the same computer I can see my Avanits via the Director software so they are all in the same subnet on my network.

Here are some details on Ip address and Firmware. If there is anything else I need to provide for diagnosing the issue please let me know.

Avantis
    Firmware : V1.25 – Rev 77232
    IP : 192.168.1.100

QLX-d4 (6)
    Firmware : 2.6.2.0 (All the same)
    IP : 192.168.1.33
    IP : 192.168.1.47
    IP : 192.168.1.80
    IP : 192.168.1.95
    IP : 192.168.1.209
    IP : 192.168.1.251

Profile photo of Nicola A&H
    Nicola A&H
    Keymaster

Hi Seth,

Are the QLX-D receivers connected directly to the Avantis network port, or via Dante? There is a known issue with current Dante V3 card firmware that stops Shure control data going through the Control Network bridge.

Also some very recent Shure receivers have a new hardware ID which is not read correctly by Avantis or dLive firmware. If your QLX-D receivers are new, please get in touch with our Support team at support.allen-heath.com so we can verify the device IDs.

Profile photo of Seth
    Seth
    Participant

Thank you for your reply!

They are all connected via a D-Link Hub.

And yes I just received them this week.

Profile photo of Seth
    Seth
    Participant

If anyone else has this problem I contact support and this was their response:

I’m sorry to say that there is nothing you can do about this for the time being.
    The issue is caused by Shure updating their device IDs without letting us know, so the Avantis does not recognise them as Shure devices.
    We will provide a firmware update to fix this as soon as we are able to scedule developer time.

Hopefully we get an update soon.

Profile photo of Juergen569
    Juergen569
    Participant

Well, I’m sitting right in front of my Avantis (Firmware 1.25) with 6 Shure QLXD4 connected all on the same network (one router, avantis via network connected to router, once 4 QLXD4 via Netgear 5-port-switch connected to router and once 2 QLXD4 vie Netgear 5 port-switch connected to router).

I can see all QLXD4 in Shure Workbench and on the Avantis. Just updated the QLXD to Firmware 2.04.07.
    In the channel Preamp view of the Avantis I can see the RF-Signal, the audio input level and battery-state.

Profile photo of Juergen569
    Juergen569
    Participant

Just a small edit to my post: maybe it works with my setup of Avantis and QLXD, because the QLXD are about three years old and not the latest version of hardware revisions.

Profile photo of Lee
    Lee
    Participant

This appears to be fixed in version 1.3

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.