any mono input to any mono channel

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu feature suggestions any mono input to any mono channel

This topic contains 7 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of GCumbee GCumbee 10 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Yorkshire Pudding
    Yorkshire Pudding
    Participant

Would it be possible to allow any mono input to be routed to any mono channel – and allow one input to be routed to more than one channel simultaneously?
    This would allow double tracking style processing E.g. different EQ & compression settings for the lead vocal that could be mixed as appropriate throughout a song. Say a more heavily compressed version for loud songs and a more open sound for the softer songs.

Of course we can use an XLR splitter and feed 2 channels from the same input…

Profile photo of nabla
    nabla
    Participant

I agree with this request. I often need to have the same microphone used by the soloist to sing, or play an instrument, or to lead the show (with different EQ, compression and effects), or a choir microphone that temporarily becomes a soloist mic. “Hardware” splitting the mic line is tricky when using phantom power.
    Processing same input on multiple strip the will be really appreciated.

Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

This is available on GLD and I guess iLive.

Profile photo of nabla
    nabla
    Participant

Yes, but the GLD80 costs more than € 5,000. I know these are all features found in high-end mixer of any brand.
    The problem is that these now are features that are also present in the other low-end digital mixers .

Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

I agree. Would be nice addition. Seems like it would not be that hard to implement if the architecture will accommodate it.

Profile photo of Detonator
    Detonator
    Participant

Buy some xlr “Y” splitters.

Profile photo of jet1968
    jet1968
    Participant

Should be easy to add another tab in the routing page with this facility?

Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

Just needs an input box on preamp page to select socket. Like GLD.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.