Adding LED Lamp to SQ6

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ general discussions Adding LED Lamp to SQ6

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of tourtelot tourtelot 1 year, 4 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of tourtelot
    tourtelot
    Participant

Okay, I am all prepared for the flame-throwers but I’m going there anyway. 🙂

I am getting to be at the age where it gets harder and harder to see the top panel of my SQ6 in the dark. I want to add an LED lamp to the top panel so I can work more comfortably.

Before y’all go crazy, a few things to consider. I have had my SQ for years and it is well out of warranty. I am an experienced bench tech and have, shh!, opened up the panel before to do other work. I will not get any help or schematics from A&H (understandably).

Has anyone done this mod before? I am planning on wiring a top-mounted BNC connector in the panel and wiring the plus lead to a point on the power supply that puts out (raw or reg’d) 12VDC. No amp draw with an LED lamp so it shouldn’t put any strain on the panel but I’d like to not need to poke around with a meter searching for an appropriate place on the PS.

Any thoughts (and hold the flames)?

D.

Profile photo of nottooloud
    nottooloud
    Participant

Couldn’t possibly be easier. No need to even open the desk, let alone modify it.

USB light on Amazon

Profile photo of tourtelot
    tourtelot
    Participant

I have one. Sometimes I need the USB slot. Also, kind of a shitty lamp.

D.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.