“Dual rack” maximum number of aux outputs

Forums Forums iLive Forums Archived iLive Discussions “Dual rack” maximum number of aux outputs

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Nicola A&H Nicola A&H 10 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Gerger
    Gerger
    Participant

What is the maximum number of Aux outputs in dual rack mode?

As i have understood the datasheets, slave mixrack can handle its 24 XLR outputs as mirror for the 32 busses from master mixrack only, correct? Could some aux busses be routed to T112, too?

What example below is possibe?
    (T112 + IDR48 + IDR48)

1) 8 + 24 + 24 (i guess no)
    2) 8 + 24 + 0
    3) 0 + 24 + 8
    4) 8 + 0 + 24
    5) 8 + 12 + 12

Profile photo of dshriver
    dshriver
    Participant

The maximum number of aux sends is 32. You can route them to the T112 or the mix rack but the max number is still 32. You could even route them digitally to Dante or ES outputs. Why do you need more than 32? Could some of the outputs you need be accomplished with direct outs, or matrix outs? Matrix and Direct Outs neither one take up a processing bus.

-d

Shalin Liu Performance Center
    37 Main Street
    Rockport, MA 01966
    http://www.rockportmusic.org

Profile photo of Gerger
    Gerger
    Participant

I dont need them really, i just want to find out the limits of the system before i will order M-ACE card for it.

Regarding direct out: could i route direct out of channel 65 ( on slave mixrack) to 6.3mm jack of T112?

Profile photo of dshriver
    dshriver
    Participant

Hi Greger

Yes you can. You can set the 8 analog outputs on the T-112 (B1-4 and D1-4) from any source that you can on the iDR. So you could set those outputs to be

Mono or Stereo Groups
    Mono or Stereo Aux
    Main
    Mono or Stereo Matrix
    Input (IP) direct out
    PAFL L/R
    Mix Rack Inputs
    Bus Output
    Mono or Stereo Wedge
    Stereo IEM
    Rack Effects
    Ace Link
    Port B Ace

Shalin Liu Performance Center
    37 Main Street
    Rockport, MA 01966
    http://www.rockportmusic.org

Profile photo of Gerger
    Gerger
    Participant

Thank you so much… I will place my order now :c)

One last question:
    If a Dante card is inserted at slave IDR48 (for 64 channel recording), could the outgoing Dante signal be mapped to any source (from T112 or master IDR48 inputs)?

And can i route any incoming Dante signal to master IDR48 or T112 outputs (for 64 channel playback)?

I guess ACE connection is busy to transfer 32 Busses between master IDR and slave IDR, so is there still enough recource to transfer the Dante channels over it?

Profile photo of Nicola A&H
    Nicola A&H
    Keymaster

Hi Gerger,

You can patch up to 64 channels from the Master rack or Surface to Port B ACE, then pick up these ACE channels in the Slave rack (they will show up as Port A ACE) and patch them to Port B Dante.

Conversely, you can patch up to 32 channels from Slave Port B Dante to Slave Port A ACE, then pick up these ACE channels in the Master rack (they will show up as Port B ACE) and patch them to the required iDR or Surface sockets. This is because as you say 32 ACE channels from Slave to Master are reserved for Dual Rack bus link.

Nicola
    A&H

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The forum ‘Archived iLive Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.