GLD bugs

This topic contains 12 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of JLD JLD 11 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Marketplace-Theatre
    Marketplace-Theatre
    Participant

Hi

We have had our GLD a couple of weeks now and have managed to crash it a few times. The first times were switching between show files it just locked up and the other time audio continued to come through the desk even after all faders were closed. What is the process for getting this info back to yourselves? I’d presume you need to log files to look at?

Thanks

Gary
    Marketplace Theatre

Profile photo of Stealth
    Stealth

Hi Gary

We are currently aware of an issue with show files causing problems with the system. We plan to resolve this issue in the next maintenance release of firmware which is planned for release in the near future.

This issue is related to having mix channels setup in your custom meters view and also changing the mix configuration when changing show. To avoid this issue you could manually match your mix configuration to the same configuration of the next show you recall, this should stop the problem occurring until the next release of firmware.

To report any software issues you have found please contact A&H technical support: https://allen-heath.helpserve.com/

Please include a detailed description of the problem, a reproduce procedure if possible, a copy of any show files that may cause any problems and a copy of the event log.

Hope that helps

Regards
    Sam A&H

Another little bug I have found.

When cueing in the phones, if I hit the select buttons on the EQ, Comp, Gate, etc. there a a brief mute of the audio. It does not seem to affect the main output. I will double check to see if it affects the aux outputs. Not sure on that yet.

Profile photo of Albin
    Albin
    Participant

I guess thats a feature – like on the ilive – if you press the sel button (hand hold it) you can hear exactly whats going on in this processing block.
    At least its in the ilive so, so i think they put it in there as well.
    And no – it does not affect the signal to the busses.

Profile photo of byondo
    byondo
    Participant

I found this (I don’t know if it’s a bug or absence of a feature):
    on a group (mono or stereo), I have aux sends, but not efx sends!
    For me it’s more practical; create a 6 mic’s stereo group and called “choir” and then put reverb on it (not on the single channels).
    I know I can insert the efx on the group, but why do I spend another efx, if my “vocal verb” is already present on the board?

thanks in advance, regards.
    Massimo

Profile photo of TJCornish
    TJCornish
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by byondo

For me it’s more practical; create a 6 mic’s stereo group and called “choir” and then put reverb on it (not on the single channels).
    I know I can insert the efx on the group, but why do I spend another efx, if my “vocal verb” is already present on the board?

Massimo

Aux sends are effects sends, no? For example, I patch Aux 10 to the input of effects processor 1. To send channels to this effects processor, I send to Aux 10. I’m still waiting for my GLD, but this is how it works on every other mixer I’ve used.

[/quote]Aux sends are effects sends, no? For example, I patch Aux 10 to the input of effects processor 1. To send channels to this effects processor, I send to Aux 10. I’m still waiting for my GLD, but this is how it works on every other mixer I’ve used.
    [/quote]

They are kind of separate on the GLD. Auxs would be your sends for whatever reason you want pre or post fader. FX are sends to the FX rack of which you can have eight.

Profile photo of byondo
    byondo
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by TJCornish

quote:

Originally posted by byondo

Massimo

Aux sends are effects sends, no? For example, I patch Aux 10 to the input of effects processor 1. To send channels to this effects processor, I send to Aux 10. I’m still waiting for my GLD, but this is how it works on every other mixer I’ve used.

No, it doesn’t work like this, I try to explain:
    FX sends on GLD80 are not normal auxes, for istance you cannot patch one aux to the fx input, there is already a “fixed fx aux” that does it. The only problem is that, as I said in the upper post, you have no possibilities to send a group to an effect (yes, there is the “insert” but it’s not the same thing), because in its routing page there are all the auxes but not the fx sends.Pretty odd.

regards
    Massimo

Okay, another thing that isn;t nessecarily a bug but it bugs me and hopefully A&H can fix.

Everytime I try to save a scene, I have to re-type the name. Make it so we can just hit save and have it retain the existing name that we have given the scene.

Thanks, Ryan

Profile photo of JLD
    JLD
    Participant

If its not a bug someone needs to explain why i have problems with the matrix system.
    I need to adress only the right channel to one matrix together with other signals and only the left signal to one. Is it possible to adress only left or right to a mono matrix.
    When trying to adress to a Stereo matrix only the left chanel will have signal, the right one is silent.

Any information on this?

Profile photo of JLD
    JLD
    Participant

Thanks for the update; it solved half of problem with the matrix system.
    Is there any information regarding the possibility to only assign either left or right to a mono matrix?

Profile photo of CareyD
    CareyD
    Participant

Hi,
    Regarding the matrix issue and storing a scene overwriting its name, both these have been fixed with the new V1.01 firmware release which can be downloaded from the Allen & Heath web site. Please make sure you update your GLD firmware.
    Regards,
    Carey

Profile photo of JLD
    JLD
    Participant

Carey
    Thanks for the firmware update. The update is installed and it solved half of the problem as mentioned.
    What we can not find in the manual or figure out is the possability to only route left signal to a mono matrix and not the right.
    As it is now there will be a sum signal from left and rigt to a mono matrix and we only want to have left OR right.
    Please direct us in how to manage this.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The forum ‘Archived GLD Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.