iPad 2 available March 11

Forums Forums iLive Forums Archived iLive Discussions iPad 2 available March 11

This topic contains 50 replies, has 19 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Biggsounds Biggsounds 12 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 51 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of ceejay
    ceejay
    Participant

Wouter, I opted for your suggestion, and purchased the TP-Link. I found it through Amazon, and the company that is shipping it is in my state. Should have it tomorrow.
    I noticed that the most recent firmware on the manufacturer website does show the IGMP ver 1&2 support, so the first thing I will do, is make sure the firmware is correct and start going through the utility getting Mac addresses inserted, etc.

If anyone goes out to buy a new laptop in the future, don’t make my mistake. I failed to get actual specs on my built in wireless card, and found out later no 5GHZ. Never really occurred to me that I did not have it until I was upgrading another older laptop in the house, and my other family member shows the 5GHZ connection. Its even the same brand laptop as my beast, and I really can’t do anything about it at this point. (Digressing here…still beating myself up.)

Since this TP-Link is only 2.4, it’s a perfect match. I will report my progress.

Thanks for the suggestion Wouter.

CRJ
    Oswego, IL

T112 Surface
    iDR48 Mix Rack
    Sony F Series laptop
    Win 7 500GB HD 8G RAM
    Airport Extreme & Express
    iPad 2 and Dante soon

Profile photo of ceejay
    ceejay
    Participant

Hey everyone, the TP-Link works…WOW! Wouter, great suggestion- and a HUGE thank you. Writing my results in the other post.

CRJ
    Oswego, IL

T112 & iDR48
    Sony F 1.73GHZ I7 8 Core
    Win 7 Pro 500GB HD 8G RAM
    TP-Link WR1043ND
    Dante May?

Profile photo of Joe90
    Joe90
    Participant

Hi iPad2 users,

I’m interested to know what size (16, 32 or 64gb) iPad2 your using and what was you’re reasons for purchasing the size you did?

Cheers,

Gary.

iDR-32
    Motion Computing LE1700
    iPad – sometime soon

Profile photo of ceejay
    ceejay
    Participant

64 Gigabit, no 3G. I had no real reason for choosing the larger hard drive other then the possibility of additional apps and music – photos. I did not feel that getting the 3G model would make sense, as I would be using it mostly on my private network.

CRJ
    Oswego, IL

T112 & iDR48
    Sony F 1.73GHZ I7 8 Core
    TP-Link WR1043ND
    Dante May?

Profile photo of woutert
    woutert
    Participant

Also 64GB, no 3G. Same reason plus the fact that you can’t put extra memory in later…

Wouter
    My prayers have been heard, Dante is coming!

Profile photo of woutert
    woutert
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by woutert

Also 64GB, no 3G.

And it arrived today… see if I can get it up and running in 30 minutes before our show tonight. :-)

Profile photo of Biggsounds
    Biggsounds
    Participant

Have fun Woutert, let us know how you get on.
    PS I have bought 2 so far, I also didn’t go 3G – if you happen to own an iPhone you don’t need it since they instated tethering on the latest update (just use your phone data plan, inevitably cheaper!).

iDR32 mixrack
    MixRack for iPad & Tweak for iPhone apps
    Asus N61 Laptop (x2 wireless)
    Sennheiser IEM (for PFL)
    Dante card (soon!)

Profile photo of woutert
    woutert
    Participant

quote:

And it arrived today… see if I can get it up and running in 30 minutes before our show tonight. :-)

Got it working, worked like a charm. Musicians were *very* happy that they could just ask me straight away while they were playing during sound check. I just walked around between them checking with them if their mix needed some tweaking. I could just hear how it sounded for them and make it better than if I would have had to rely on their comments only.

Great!!

Wouter

Profile photo of guyharris
    guyharris
    Participant

quote:

quote:

I could just hear how it sounded for them and make it better than if I would have had to rely on their comments only.

Great!!

Wouter

AMEN! :-)

http://www.pianojam.nl

Profile photo of Lieven-Dewispelaere
    Lieven-Dewispelaere
    Participant

HI,

On the last 4 shows i did with the ipad (version one) there was this problem. On all these shows the ipad stopped, showing “not enough memory”. the mixpad app was the only one running.
    restarting the ipad solved the problem but it is no fun. it happens almost always when setting up the custom screens. but can happen when doing mix SOF.
    I really feel that it is a problem with memory allocation (bug like a memory overflow ) and not that there isn’t enough memory.
    Every musician loves it when i stand next to them and make their mix so please A&H solve this problem.

Kind regards

Lieven

T112/IDR48/R72/IDR16/IPAD
    Save a tree, eat a beaver

Profile photo of mumu
    mumu
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by Lieven Dewispelaere

HI,

On the last 4 shows i did with the ipad (version one) there was this problem. On all these shows the ipad stopped, showing “not enough memory”. the mixpad app was the only one running.
    restarting the ipad solved the problem but it is no fun. it happens almost always when setting up the custom screens. but can happen when doing mix SOF.
    I really feel that it is a problem with memory allocation (bug like a memory overflow ) and not that there isn’t enough memory.
    Every musician loves it when i stand next to them and make their mix so please A&H solve this problem.

Kind regards

Lieven

T112/IDR48/R72/IDR16/IPAD
    Save a tree, eat a beaver

same here, still has to be optimized

cheers
    dave

allen&heath iLive-144 /idr 64 / idr 48 (i am convinced audionate is not delivering coz i am a frank zappa fan)

Profile photo of woutert
    woutert
    Participant

…”not enough memory”…

..same here, still has to be optimized…

Also on iPad2 same problem.

Wouter

Profile photo of ceejay
    ceejay
    Participant

Yes, the out of memory error is still an issue. IPad 2 with no other apps running. Closed app, turned iPad off, and restarted on two occasions within a two hour period.

CRJ
    Oswego, IL

T112 & iDR48
    Sony F 1.73GHZ I7 8 Core
    TP-Link WR1043ND
    Dante May?

Profile photo of Musikhof
    Musikhof
    Participant

same here … hangs up time by time with out of memory issue.

idr48 – T112
    iPad – Notebook with Editor
    Belkin Wireless
    Dante … whenever ready
    Dedicated recording PC with Samplitude

Profile photo of letmefix
    letmefix
    Participant

At my last gig it disappeared twice on my idontpad2 16GB. I’ll use it again tonight for an unimportant gig. We will see how it will behave again. I only used it 4 times until now.

If it crashes I simply start and wait for everything to update again :(

One thing that annoys me is that the initial update rate on channels is too slow. And it doesn’t update unless you visit the channel. This has nothing to do my wi-fi setup. I’m very anal when I setup my wi-fi at a venue. I always scan environment and pick the best available wi-fi channel. No auto-selecting.

So to overcome, once the app is online, I have to visit/scroll everything at least once to make sure they received current information before doing anything. My Le1700 still sits and available in case of emergencies like app crashes. Unfortunately, it refused to update at all a few times and had to reboot idontpad2.

I don’t recall if anybody from A&H commented about MixPad for ANDROID platform. Almost every current/upcoming Android tablet hardware(RAM especially) is superior than idontpad2. So… Another 100bucks I guess if it is happening…

I also experienced app crashes while assigning channels in custom screen.

Any idea if there will be any update any soon for mixpad?

I don’t have a surface, I do everything from Le1700 and trying to shift to mixpad since last month as much as I can.

A tap-tempo button is a must.
    If you have to deal with almost 64 channels(32 for house mix, 32 for monitor mixes) no matter how you design your customs and align channels, it is a pain in the butt to quickly get to certain channels.

We have to give credits to yamaha stagemix app for quickly accessing to those channel groups. But bigger credits to A&H for making such an advanced mixing app. I’m hoping they will realize Android platform as an important venue and develop android version of mixpad with more functions.
    You can tell that I’m not an apple guy.

Burak

IDR32
    Motion Computing LE1700
    idontPad1&2
    Where is my DANTE?

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 51 total)

The forum ‘Archived iLive Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.