iPad 2 available March 11

Forums Forums iLive Forums Archived iLive Discussions iPad 2 available March 11

This topic contains 50 replies, has 19 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Biggsounds Biggsounds 12 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 51 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Joe90
    Joe90
    Participant

Robert,

As A&H have realeased an iPad app then in my mind the iPad becomes part of the iLive family just like a surface or a laptop running editor. This forum seems the ideal place to discuss the pro’s & con’s of the iPad2 and its original for running the MixPad application.

Personally I haven’t made a decision yet on which one to purchase and hoping that as the iPad2 is realeased in the US earlier than in the UK some US users might be able to share their experiences…

If you don’t want to read about Apple gadgets then I suggest you steer clear of this thread.

Gary.

iDR-32
    Motion Computing LE1700
    iPad – sometime soon

Profile photo of Albin
    Albin
    Participant

Shure – iPad – iLive (hmm, something familiar here…) ;)

On an Gig yesterday i heard a women say – hey – this must be from apple – looking at the Name of the surface “iLive”…
    Very funny indeed…

Profile photo of Biggsounds
    Biggsounds
    Participant

Just saw something on the new iOS update – seems like us early adopters might have some joy from the improved Java handling in 4.3 – I assume that MixPad is Java based so that will give us a performance improvement!

iDR32 mixrack
    MixRack for iPad & Tweak for iPhone apps
    Asus N61 Laptop (x2 wireless)
    Sennheiser IEM (for PFL)
    Dante card (soon!)

Profile photo of kentlowt
    kentlowt
    Participant

saw a report today on engadget quoting a report that confirmed 512 ram,

112T/IDR48/IDR16

Biggsounds
    Participant

So… has anyone taken the plunge and bought an iPad2? Keen to hear if there’s a noticeable performance improvement (i.e. Can you multitask? Has it solved the low memory warnings?).

iDR32 mixrack
    Sennheiser IEM (for PFL)
    Dante card (soon!)

Profile photo of jgrooms
    jgrooms
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by Biggsounds

So… has anyone taken the plunge and bought an iPad2? Keen to hear if there’s a noticeable performance improvement (i.e. Can you multitask? Has it solved the low memory warnings?).

iDR32 mixrack
    Sennheiser IEM (for PFL)
    Dante card (soon!)

I have ordered one but not expected to be delivered until early April.

Profile photo of kentlowt
    kentlowt
    Participant

We have 2 on order.

112T/IDR48/IDR16

Profile photo of ceejay
    ceejay
    Participant

Picked up my iPad last night from BB. Was on a waiting list for 9 days, they finally received a second shipment.
    Purchased the mixpad app, connected right away.
    I had 4 apps running on the iPad and also had my laptop connected wirelessly, everything runs smooth.
    No out of memory issues and connected using my Airport Extreme router as well.
    Checked connection speed for the ipad on my router statistics, and was only reading 39 MB per sec.
    No issues, but the mixpad seemed to take a few seconds to refresh while scrolling to the end of the channel list.
    Excited to use it for my next show.

CRJ
    Oswego, IL

T112 Surface
    iDR48 Mix Rack
    Sony F Series laptop
    Win 7 500GB HD 8G RAM
    Airport Extreme & Express
    iPad 2 and Dante soon

Profile photo of ceejay
    ceejay
    Participant

Well, after some further testing and walking around my house with the laptop and iPad connected, no out of memory issues. One thing though, it’s time to buy a new router. Moving to other post.

CRJ
    Oswego, IL

T112 Surface
    iDR48 Mix Rack
    Sony F Series laptop
    Win 7 500GB HD 8G RAM
    iPad 2 and Dante soon

Biggsounds
    Participant

What router are you thinking of? I’ve been looking at prices for the Belkin suggested by A&H, but as mentioned elsewhere they don’t have a ‘pro’ reputation (I don’t want to be too worried about it’s longevity in my rack!). Keen to hear if anyone else has had the same success as Chris with running multiple apps!

iDR32 mixrack
    Sennheiser IEM (for PFL)
    Dante card (soon!)

Profile photo of ceejay
    ceejay
    Participant

Going to try the Belkin. Was on the many different discussion sites with dlink and netgear, and nothing I read suggests any of those would work. Cisco has a new one out for 179. US dollars, that I am considering as well. I have some time to do this before my next show, so I will report back with hopefully good news. I was even more disappointed that my decked out laptop wireless card does not even pick up 5ghz. [V]
    Certainly a frustrating process…

CRJ
    Oswego, IL

T112 Surface
    iDR48 Mix Rack
    Sony F Series laptop
    Win 7 500GB HD 8G RAM
    iPad 2 and Dante soon

Biggsounds
    Participant

Thanks for being the bunny on this Chris, looking forward to hearing how you go (I’ll hold off on my decision until I see how you go).

iDR32 mixrack
    Sennheiser IEM (for PFL)
    Dante card (soon!)

Profile photo of woutert
    woutert
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by Christopher Johnson

Going to try the Belkin. Was on the many different discussion sites with dlink and netgear, and nothing I read suggests any of those would work. Cisco has a new one out for 179. US dollars, that I am considering as well…

Just to have a extra option:
    TPLINK TL-WR1043ND router supports IGMP v1 and v2.

Profile photo of jgrooms
    jgrooms
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by Christopher Johnson

Was on the many different discussion sites with dlink and netgear, and nothing I read suggests any of those would work.

I use a netgear router and it works just fine.

Profile photo of Stix
    Stix
    Participant

jgrooms – does your Netgear have IGMP support and are you running it with Multicast turned on? Have you tried running it with more than one client connected (Laptop/Mixpad for example) with no performance issues (occasional meter freezing etc)? Good performing routers under those conditions seem hard to find so if you answered yes to both of those questions then what model are you using?

Cheers

Richard Howey
    Audio Dynamite Ltd
    IDR48/IDR16/T112/R72

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 51 total)

The forum ‘Archived iLive Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.