Scene fades

This topic contains 27 replies, has 15 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Gijsbert Gijsbert 10 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Reidsound
    Reidsound
    Participant

Does anyone know if it is possible to add fade times to a scene? If it’s not, is this something that might be possible to add for future revisions of the firmware?

Darren R. Sussman
    Owner
    Reid Sound, Inc.

Profile photo of Stix
    Stix
    Participant

I think it’s been requested before but no this isn’t possible at the moment with the iLive – although I have made a custom logic Studio environment that lets you do sequenced crossfades of levels via midi and it also stores all levels/mutes in 32 standalone scenes. Designed to work with a mackie/Logic control as a remote controller.
    More info and possible demo video to come…

Richard
    IDR48/T112

Profile photo of Stealth
    Stealth

Hi Darren

No it is not possible to crossfade between scenes i’m afraid. This feature is on the feature request list for future firmware. [:)]

Regards
    Sam A&H

Profile photo of LifeLike
    LifeLike
    Participant

Has this been rectified with the recent firmware upgrade at all?

If not, any ideas on when is this going to be integrated as it is an important factor for our work, as I am sure it is for many others… and our old 02R’s can do it…

Trent

Profile photo of Stealth
    Stealth

Hi LifeLike

Scene crossfades have not been implemented in iLive firmware. We are aware that this has been requested by some customers in the field and is on the ver long list of requested features. unfortunately this has not been a feature that is high up on the request list so has been implemented.

What are the most important features within the system that you need the ability to crossfade?

Regards
    Sam A&H

Profile photo of Dave
    Dave
    Participant

quote:

What are the most important features within the system that you need the ability to crossfade?

First thought…all.

Narrowing down the list a bit:

• Gain
    • Pan
    • Effect sends/returns
    Profile photo of woutert
    woutert
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by dburris

Narrowing down the list a bit:

• Gain
    • Pan
    • Effect sends/returns

I would definitely start with all fader levels! and yes, effect sends and return levels. :-)

My 2 cents,
    +100000000000000000000000 on scene fading by the way :)

Wouter

Profile photo of Nettan
    Nettan
    Participant

Gain
    Fader
    Fx sends

For us theatre guys wery useful

Profile photo of Nettan
    Nettan
    Participant

also scene name/nr/next scene display

Profile photo of Stix
    Stix
    Participant

Someone care to explain a situation where you would need GAIN to crossfade between scenes? I get why timed crossfades of fader levels, pans, and aux levels would be good between scenes – but timed Gain changes?

Cheers

Richard Howey
    Audio Dynamite Ltd
    IDR48/IDR16/T112/R72/Mixpad

Profile photo of Dave
    Dave
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by Stix

Someone care to explain a situation where you would need GAIN to crossfade between scenes? I get why timed crossfades of fader levels, pans, and aux levels would be good between scenes – but timed Gain changes?

Depends what you mean by gain. I’m talking about channel faders, not preamp. From there it should be relatively obvious.

Profile photo of brandonhw
    brandonhw
    Participant

I would agree that it would be useful for faders and sends/returns to have this ability. I work in a theatre, and timed crossfades would be a very welcome feature addition. Does anyone at A&H know if there is anything other than software/firmware that would prevent this from eventually being implemented?

Brandon Walls
    Sound Engineer
    First United Methodist Church
    Cookeville, TN

Profile photo of frozenwaffles
    frozenwaffles
    Participant

Hi, please add scene fade times for fader vales and pan values.

Current stock:
    2x T112, 2x R72, 2x iDR-48, 2x iDR-16, 2x xDR-16
    4x Dante Cards, 3x ACE Cards

Profile photo of AndyCZ
    AndyCZ
    Participant

+1 more for timed crossfades. On the show I’m touring at the moment, one routine is split into four scenes on the surface, to enable the performers onstage to be panned left/right so that their position in the stereo image matches their position onstage.

At the moment, I have to be careful about where to cue the change as the voice will jump from one side of the stage to the other!

Profile photo of RayS
    RayS
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by Stealth

Hi LifeLike

Scene crossfades have not been implemented in iLive firmware. We are aware that this has been requested by some customers in the field and is on the ver long list of requested features. unfortunately this has not been a feature that is high up on the request list so has been implemented.

Regards
    Sam A&H

I must admit to being more than a little sadden at this response……scene crossfades have been implemented on nearly every digital consoles since the advent of the venerable 02R, even the analog midas XL4 had 0 to 10 seconds scene crossfades, 20 yrs ago!!!!! Aside from the much needed multiband compressor and the ability to mute/unmute individual EQ bands I fail to see what other feature could be more necessary that the scene x fade.

It would seem that A&H, with the introduction of the gld, have clearly set their goals to compete with the likes of the m7cl or ls9 crowd leaving the higher end users with little to celebrate……While I enjoy mixing on my iLive system, I find myself jealous of competitors’ (Digico ) rapidly increasing feature sets and scene implementation…….Unlike other posters I do not care for the need to mix with an iphone, ipad or other gadget, and while I am well aware of the iLive’s cross market appeal and A&H ‘s need to please the lower end user as well as the seasoned pros, I need pro gear, and that, includes scene fades…..

Faders
    FX levels
    Pans
    and I would add EQ band gains

RayS

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)

The forum ‘Archived iLive Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.