Scene fades

This topic contains 27 replies, has 15 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Gijsbert Gijsbert 11 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of frozenwaffles
    frozenwaffles
    Participant

oh AMEN!!! say the word brother! and shout it out loud from the top of a mountain! AMEN!!!
    (ps i am not being saicastic, i am in 100% agreeance)

Current stock:
    2x T112, 2x R72, 2x iDR-48, 2x iDR-16, 2x xDR-16
    4x Dante Cards, 3x ACE Cards

Profile photo of Stix
    Stix
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by RayS

Unlike other posters I do not care for the need to mix with an iphone, ipad or other gadget, and while I am well aware of the iLive’s cross market appeal and A&H ‘s need to please the lower end user as well as the seasoned pros, I need pro gear, and that, includes scene fades….

RayS – I agree that crossfade scenes should be AT THE TOP of the update development list as I see it as essential for professional theatre production work – but to imply that using an “iPad or other gadget” is in some way unprofessional? Only a few years ago the ability to wander around a venue and make realtime adjustments to speaker systems/Zones and stage monitors was something audio professionals dreamed of being able to do. When the first wireless remote EQ systems arrived they were regarded as THE professional tool to have and cost mega $$ to own. Don’t get me wrong as I mix FOH almost entirely on a surface – but I would now seldom do a single(iLive mixed) event or show without using Mixpad/iPad at set up for EQing, time aligning, monitors, spectrum analysis etc.

For me scene improvements including fades, custom save templates and non active scene preview/editing is probably the most important features I would like to see developed for update – however I would also like to see improvements with the Mixpad app – mainly the ability to quickly select different aux send mix’s while the input window and selected processing window (for example GEQ) stay active and update to each selected mix send. Multiband comp.. that would just be icing

Cheers

Richard Howey
    Audio Dynamite Ltd
    IDR48/IDR16/T112/R72/Mixpad,Tweak,
    Dual M-Dante/DVS, 17″MBP/Logic 9/Custom Mackie Control

Profile photo of RayS
    RayS
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by Stix

Quote:

but to imply that using an “iPad or other gadget” is in some way unprofessional?
    Richard Howey
    Audio Dynamite Ltd

Richard, it was not my intention to qualify these or their users as “non pro” I just wanted to make an argument for development precedence.
    I know all too well what the advent of the ipad app and in lesser ways the tweak iphone/ipod app has meant in terms of product appeal for the iLive allowing it to reach greater masses which in turn enabled A&H to allocate more resources to hardware/software improvements, the scene crossfades was certainly one of these long awaited improvements, for me……

RayS

Profile photo of AndyCZ
    AndyCZ
    Participant

quote:

unfortunately this has not been a feature that is high up on the request list

Loads of people are asking for this to be included – for theatre use it’s almost essential. Every other digital console I’ve used has this feature already.

Profile photo of AndyCZ
    AndyCZ
    Participant

quote:

I must admit to being more than a little sadden at this response……scene crossfades have been implemented on nearly every digital consoles since the advent of the venerable 02R, even the analog midas XL4 had 0 to 10 seconds scene crossfades, 20 yrs ago!!!!! Aside from the much needed multiband compressor and the ability to mute/unmute individual EQ bands I fail to see what other feature could be more necessary that the scene x fade.

It would seem that A&H, with the introduction of the gld, have clearly set their goals to compete with the likes of the m7cl or ls9 crowd leaving the higher end users with little to celebrate……While I enjoy mixing on my iLive system, I find myself jealous of competitors’ (Digico ) rapidly increasing feature sets and scene implementation…….Unlike other posters I do not care for the need to mix with an iphone, ipad or other gadget, and while I am well aware of the iLive’s cross market appeal and A&H ‘s need to please the lower end user as well as the seasoned pros, I need pro gear, and that, includes scene fades…..

Couldn’t have said it better myself.

Profile photo of woutert
    woutert
    Participant

quote:

I must admit to being more than a little sadden at this response……scene crossfades have been implemented on nearly every digital consoles since the advent of the venerable 02R, even the analog midas XL4 had 0 to 10 seconds scene crossfades, 20 yrs ago!!!!! Aside from the much needed multiband compressor and the ability to mute/unmute individual EQ bands I fail to see what other feature could be more necessary that the scene x fade.

It would seem that A&H, with the introduction of the gld, have clearly set their goals to compete with the likes of the m7cl or ls9 crowd leaving the higher end users with little to celebrate……While I enjoy mixing on my iLive system, I find myself jealous of competitors’ (Digico ) rapidly increasing feature sets and scene implementation…….Unlike other posters I do not care for the need to mix with an iphone, ipad or other gadget, and while I am well aware of the iLive’s cross market appeal and A&H ‘s need to please the lower end user as well as the seasoned pros, I need pro gear, and that, includes scene fades…..

I agree 100%

Wouter
    IDR32, R72, Dante, Mixpad
    laptop, TP-Link TL-WR1043ND

Profile photo of Stix
    Stix
    Participant

I’d also like to see the blend control (LCR+ mode) included in scene fade parameters along with faders aux sends and pans. Also global as well as Individual channel wait ( hold) and fade times that override the global fade time. That’s all – not much to ask for is it? We can only hope!

Cheers

Richard Howey
    Audio Dynamite Ltd

Profile photo of Big-Azz
    Big-Azz
    Participant

quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Stealth

Hi LifeLike

Scene crossfades have not been implemented in iLive firmware. We are aware that this has been requested by some customers in the field and is on the ver long list of requested features. unfortunately this has not been a feature that is high up on the request list so has been implemented.

What are the most important features within the system that you need the ability to crossfade?

Regards
    Sam A&H

Faders
    FX levels
    Pans
    and I would add EQ band gains

RayS

All the way couldn’t agree more

IDR 64, T112, Dante, iPad, iMac Reaper, Mac Mini Abelton Live

Profile photo of Marc-More-Stage
    Marc-More-Stage
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by Big Azz

quote:

quote:

Hi LifeLike

Scene crossfades have not been implemented in iLive firmware. We are aware that this has been requested by some customers in the field and is on the ver long list of requested features. unfortunately this has not been a feature that is high up on the request list so has been implemented.

What are the most important features within the system that you need the ability to crossfade?

Regards
    Sam A&H

Faders
    FX levels
    Pans
    and I would add EQ band gains

RayS

All the way couldn’t agree more

IDR 64, T112, Dante, iPad, iMac Reaper, Mac Mini Abelton Live

Me too! Couldn’t agree more…

More Stage Services
    The Hague – Holland
    iLive 144 – R-72 – iDR10 – iDR16

frozenwaffles
    Participant

Just reminding everyone that this is still an important missing feature!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Current stock:
    2x T112, 1x T80, 2x R72, 2x iDR-48, 3x iDR-16, 2x xDR-16

frozenwaffles
    Participant

quote:

Hi LifeLike

Regards
    Sam A&H

I believe the ability to fade between SCENES would be the most important :)
    What’s in those scenes should be up to the user/engineer….

Current stock:
    2x T112, 1x T80, 2x R72, 2x iDR-48, 3x iDR-16, 2x xDR-16

Profile photo of millst
    millst
    Participant

Scene fading would be very useful for permanent installs as well when you are recalling scenes for different applications and don’t want a sudden jump in levels. 10 seconds is usually fine for this application.

I wouldn’t care if it was a global setting that was saved with the with the scene to be recalled and affected all parameters.

Profile photo of Gijsbert
    Gijsbert
    Participant

Scene fades are fine… But i would really need a “hold” button as well. Maybe even a “pitch” function or a manual crossfade. And different curves or times for different functions. So my monitor group for the band fades in earlier or steeper then the foh. The band can hear themselves just before the foh fades in.

Implementing scenefade would only be useful if A&H uses a new aproach, just scene fade on every parameter would be a bit contra productif. Just because other desks have it, doesn’t mean you should do it like other desks, innovate, make a new standard!

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)

The forum ‘Archived iLive Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.