Speaker Matrix

Forums Forums dLive Forums dLive feature suggestions Speaker Matrix

This topic contains 8 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Wolfgang Wolfgang 6 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of BerndVP
    BerndVP
    Participant

So we moved from an iLive to a dLive and we use the Speaker Matrix on the iLive for our small system.

Now I see, this is not available anymore in the dLive.

Is this coming back ?

Profile photo of Senny
    Senny
    Participant

Why don’t you just create your own by adding matrices?
    We did this for our centre hang, in-fills, out-fills and infra-subs on top of the LR main bus.

Profile photo of Wolfgang
    Wolfgang
    Participant

this is not the same.
    for example: in the dLive you canΒ΄t define a 24dB Linkwitz-Riley Lopass-filter.

+1 from me for the Speaker Matrix – or, as I said before, to have an option of Hi- and Lopassfilter in the mixes. please! πŸ˜‰

Profile photo of PeterM
    PeterM
    Participant

I really miss this function – While I don’t think a mixing desk should be the crossover/ processor for the main speaker system, it was so handy for so many things.

– small shows to mix and match different subs and mains and time align them as necessary
    – theatre shows to integrate the various speakers – front fill, stage effects etc.
    – large shows; subs on auxiliaries, rolling off the LF in the front fills and out fills and matching the phase response to the mains … and … and…

Profile photo of ddff_lv
    ddff_lv
    Participant

Bunch of matrixes will do. Use like this all the time- stereo mtx for main PA, mono for subs, mono for delays, another mono for frontfills.

ddff

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

yes the speaker matrix would be very helpful in some cases… and adding matrixes is still not the same

Wolfgang
    Participant

yes, as I had already written above, adding matrices is not fitting the solution!
    in the matrix so far there are unfortunately only very simple filter options, this is not comparable to the “Speaker Matrix” from iLive!

but it would be enough if you had better filtering possibilities in the outputs.

another idea could be to call up an 8-band PEQ as a GEQ-model πŸ˜‰

Profile photo of ddff_lv
    ddff_lv
    Participant

Well, speaker processing (advanced filters, limiters and voicing eq) is done in speaker processor and is under control of PA engineer. In the mixer you have enough tools for most situations. If not, Lake is just 1RU πŸ™‚

ddff

Wolfgang
    Participant

I know what you mean.
    but it also depends on the job you do. the dLive is very flexible in its use, which I have also taken care of very small events.
    for example last weekend a very well paid half-playback-show for 60 important guests. so I had to bring a controller for the small PA. in iLive, this could be solved with onboard equipment.

it’s not about outsourcing controllers to the console in general. I hope you understand now what I mean.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.