ZEDi-10FX – macOS Catalina

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions ZEDi-10FX – macOS Catalina

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Gwil Gwil 3 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Gwil
    Gwil
    Participant

Firstly, apologies if this is completely the wrong place for posting; I couldn’t quite see where it should be filed. I was wondering if anyone knew if my ZEDi-10FX (Currently being delivered) would be compatible with MacOS Catalina. From what I’ve seen on the A&H website, it appears not yet to be compatible but I assume this may well be out of date now as it’s been so long since Catalina came out! Also, if it is not compatible, does that mean it won’t work at all with my Mac/Ableton or just that it will require more manual/less streamlined setup? Please forgive my ‘newbness’ on the subject and many thanks in advance.
    Gwil

Profile photo of volounteer
    volounteer
    Participant

@Gwil

Just me, but I would have verified that before buying catalina and a z10fx.
    What are you going to do if they are not compatible?

Profile photo of Gwil
    Gwil
    Participant

It’s a good question but when you purchase a product that is still in production (it was only released 3 years or so ago) you would expect it to be compatible with OS’s released 2 years after the year of release, no? Is that naive?

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

btw Catalina was released on oktober 7th 2019
    it’s not a year ago…
    and nearly all audio manufacturers have problems to support it

the ZED-i10FX is class compliant and should work out of the box
    since there is no control part this should still work

Profile photo of volounteer
    volounteer
    Participant

@Gwil

depends

having been around computers for some 50+ years I say while you should expect it I would not bet on it until I saw it

Profile photo of KeithJ A&H
    KeithJ A&H

@Gwil ,

At this time we are not aware of any issues with the ZEDi series and Catalina and there are many users running this setup already.

Exactly as Steffen says, the ZEDi is class compliant, so should not require drivers to work with macOS (or iOS). The only way there would be an issue would be if Apple had messed something up.

So full testing of ZEDi with Catalina is very low priority because we do not expect there to be any problems whatsoever – but the warning on the website will be there until all the testing has been carried out.

I should also note that in this particular case ‘not supported’ might be misleading and if you have a ZEDi which you are running with Catalina, we’re not going to ignore any contact for help!
    (So feel free to contact us using support.allen-heath.com if you do run into anything)

Cheers!
    Keith.

Profile photo of Gwil
    Gwil
    Participant

Keith,

Thank you so much. This was just the answer I was looking for: very reassuring and explained clearly for a novice like myself (it’s also exactly why I wanted to go for a smaller, independent manufacturer rather than a big faceless company!)

Will be in touch if I do run into any issues but many, many thanks for now and have a good day.

Gwil

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.