XONE 96 USB A stops working internittently

Forums Forums Other A&H products XONE 96 USB A stops working internittently

This topic contains 8 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of ferbrmusic ferbrmusic 2 weeks, 1 day ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of C-Dub
    C-Dub
    Participant

I have an 18 month old XONE 96. USB channel a stops working almost daily. Power cycling the mixer causes the USB A to start working again until it eventually blinks out. No light. No sound. No connection with the computer. USB C is unaffected. This very surprising for a mixer of this cost and quality. Has anyone else experienced anything like this and how I might possibly fix it? The thought of packing this behemoth up and safely shipping it half way around the world for service turns my stomach.

Profile photo of C-Dub
    C-Dub
    Participant

So I have tried with a second Mac and swapped ports. Both Macs kill USB ports when asleep overnight. Apple support was no help after 2 hours on the phone with them. Basically said it was a mixer issue. I cannot be the only one having this problem with a Mac and a XONE 96… Can anyone help?

Profile photo of Rrose
    Rrose
    Participant

I have been using the USB input on the XONE 96 to DJ professionally for several years now, and I have occasionally experienced this problem. Last weekend, I experienced the audio cutting out suddenly in the middle of my set and nothing we tried (resetting, restarting everything) could bring the audio back. We had to swap to another XONE 96 and then it worked fine. I agree with this user – this glitch is unacceptable for a mixer of this quality. Can someone from the company please respond and let us know if you have a fix for this issue?

Profile photo of ferbrmusic
    ferbrmusic
    Participant

Same here… I am a Pro DJ an been using xone 96 for some years now… but there was like 3/4 times … last time yesterday that the mixer stop the music , then i switch the usb port then traktor starts to play again… but if it crash again you should re-start the mixer to get the sound back… its weiird coz when the mixer was new on the scene it worked perfect all the time … but after talking to some colleagues seems the usb ports from the club mixers & rentals are f#cked off and its starting to give more problems like this… dont know … i am pretty sure that there is more people having the same issue …

Profile photo of xcentus
    xcentus
    Participant

I have had this similar problem, minimized it almost fully by getting a better usb cable and grounding the mixer well, but still on gigs its not grounded and sometimes happens… wtf

ferbrmusic
    Participant

Believe me , usb cables are good quality… I feel the same as you , I prefer the mixer connected directly to a power source … but during gigs sometimes you cant control all of this…

Had same Issue during a tour in Peru , usb 1 went down , then connected to usb 2 and went down again after a few tracks… then in traktor you can see the soundcard but did not play music anymore. At the end connected a mixer that I hate , djm900 and work well the full set…

Profile photo of Khrisrios
    Khrisrios
    Participant

Good morning everyone. Here is a discovery that I have discovered over the last few years with the xone96.
    I explain my case.

Xone 96 with MacbookAir 2015 or Imac 2012 running with 4 Traktor channels or running with any program connected to USB1 (it only happens to me with USB1). Suddenly the 4 output channels stop working (only the output channels since the record input continues to work) and it is not restored until you turn the Xone96 off and on. All very random with no concrete logic.

After years of investigation, it turns out that in my house I had a small short circuit in the electrical network (short circuit that did not trigger any circuit breaker or anything).

And here is the solution: it turns out that when there are micro short circuits in the network where you have the devices plugged in, the computer case (supposedly the ground) becomes charged with a small current that in turn is transferred by the ground of the USB cable to the Xone96 ground generating a ground loop that causes ONLY USB1 to go into protection and the audio output signal is cut off (not the input signal).
    It has happened to me many times with USB1, never with USB2.

It has happened to me sometimes playing in a Club having to restart the Xone96 or having to change to USB2.

The only solution I see is to connect the laptop with a grounded plug to the same plug as XONE96 (If possible, also match the phase and neutral of the electrical outlet of the two devices) but in countries like France or the United Kingdom the power connector only fits in one way, avoiding this type of problems.

Profile photo of Khrisrios
    Khrisrios
    Participant

Let it be known that this has happened to me with USB cables that cost 100€.

And now the question I ask Allen&Heat support is, why is it only generated on USB1 and not on USB2?

ferbrmusic
    Participant

I am sure is an electric problem… seems its very sensitive to those changes…

For me it happened in both usb ports , as soon one fails … normally change to the other and works or fails again… but depends on the club/festival you are playing…

Now i am using again external soundcard and 0 problems …

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.