Xone 96: Hissing headphone outs, no master sound?

Forums Forums Other A&H products Xone 96: Hissing headphone outs, no master sound?

Tagged: 

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Profile photo of birdspotting birdspotting 2 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of birdspotting
    birdspotting
    Participant

Hey there!

I’ve been using the xone 96 as my main DJ mixer for a few weeks now; it’s practically new & hasn’t even left my studio. Yesterday while mixing I unplugged the RCA cables from one of my CDJs and it made an awful distorted feedback noise and now none of the outputs work besides the secondary headphone output while manually selecting an individual channel. The main headphone output makes a scratchy hiss that changes in pitch while increasing/decreasing the volume; neither the booth 1/4″ output, main 1/4″ output or XLR output send a signal. The meters for each channel still display a signal and MIDI works perfectly.

Does anyone know what could have caused this? It doesn’t seem like just unplugging and RCA could destroy the whole output board; maybe it’s a power supply issue? I’ve tried using a different power cable and swapped the cables/headphones already. I’ll likely send this in for repair as it’s still under warranty but I haven’t heard back from A&H or my local repair center and I’m wondering if there’s any way to avoid that…

Thanks in advance!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.