"XCVI Core" Clarification

Forums Forums dLive Forums dLive General Discussions "XCVI Core" Clarification

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Nicola A&H Nicola A&H 8 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of teknik99
    teknik99
    Participant

Hi Nicola,

Well done to you and the team you have certainly set the world a Buzz once again and taken a march on the competition by the looks of things.

I have a quick question regarding the XCVI FPGA core in the documentation it is referred to as being 160×64 processing with a maximum of 128 input channels, and wanted to confirm that the 160 is made up of the 128 inputs + 16 stereo FX channels being doubled to 32.

I know it may seem obvious but in “ILive” terminology you always used to say the Mix engine was 64×32 and 8 FX giving a total of 72 input channels in single rack mode not 8 FX doubled to 16 giving a total of 80 inputs

Have you changed the way you calculate and advertise the channel count or am I missing something.

Its very minor and neither here nor there but when doing comparisons it helps to keep the methodology consistent.

Again well done.

Profile photo of Nicola A&H
    Nicola A&H
    Keymaster

Thanks Doug!

Yes 160 results from 128 + 16 stereo FX returns, it’s the count of all input signals being mixed.
    Whereas maximum number of ‘sources to the mix’ would be 128 + 16 = 144. Which compares to the 72 in iLive.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.