Wrong listing of audio files into the player

Forums Forums CQ Forums CQ troubleshooting Wrong listing of audio files into the player

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of willmodelisme willmodelisme 7 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of willmodelisme
    willmodelisme
    Participant

Hello.
    I have notice that audio files are not listed and displayed in the correct order into the CQ12T player.
    I have order my set list of song with file named from 001 to 023 into the USB stick and the first file into the player is 023 (second 016, third 002 etc…).

Profile photo of KeithJ A&H
    KeithJ A&H

@willmodelisme

The audio files are picked up in their order on the drive, which generally speaking is in the order of copying them over.
    If you copied multiple files to the drive at the same time, it sounds like the computer first copied 023, then 016, then 002 etc…

Thanks,
    Keith.

willmodelisme
    Participant

Thank you for the answer.
    Odd, but at least I have a workaround to set my list into correct order.

Profile photo of blaggers
    blaggers
    Participant

My car audio player used to have that “feature”, it seems like a basic bug in the software development that a developer should fix before release. Anyway I found a program that will re-write the files onto the USB stick in order to get round the issues.

https://www.softpedia.com/get/System/File-Management/FAT-Sorter.shtml

willmodelisme
    Participant

Nice little software, now have 2 workaround, yours being at first place. Tks.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.