Wifi Question

Forums Forums CQ Forums CQ General Discussions Wifi Question

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Jeradachs Jeradachs 6 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of SXW
    SXW
    Participant

I think I am correct, but I want to ensure. I connect my iPad to the wifi on the CQ-20b and can use the Mix app just fine. I am using Logic as my daw on my Macbook Pro. I can use the Logic Remote app on my iPad to control the DAW remotely ( very Handy as a Drummer when recording). I can’t use the Mix Pad app and my Logic remote simultaneously because, for one, I need to connect to the CQ-20b wifi access point, and for the other, I need to connect to my access point. Is there any way around this so I can use both remote apps simultaneously?

Profile photo of blaggers
    blaggers
    Participant

You can connect the CQ-20B to your home wifi network (assuming thats the same as the Macbook pro is using) and then the ipad apps can control both devices. Sorry Im not sure thats true for wifi – i use mine wired into my home hub.

Profile photo of Nicola A&H
    Nicola A&H
    Keymaster

Hi SXW,

You can switch the CQ-20B to Ethernet mode, and automatic address, and connect its Network port to your access point / router. This way you should be able to see the 20B from the same wi-fi network you already use.

Profile photo of SXW
    SXW
    Participant

Thanks, Nicola; glad that it can work that way, though for me, my router is very far away from my set up. I’d have to run some cat or 6 quite a ways. Good to know, though. Would really be nice to have the ability to do it all over Wifi. Thanks again for answering my question.

Profile photo of Jeradachs
    Jeradachs
    Participant

Hey keymaster

Add. Question:

I am close to buy the 20B. Is it possible to have a PC wired to the ethernetport running The Mixing app, and run a Tablet via Wifi?

Olaf

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.