WiFi and Ethernet on CQ-18T Mutually Exclusive

Forums Forums CQ Forums CQ General Discussions WiFi and Ethernet on CQ-18T Mutually Exclusive

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of marc13500 marc13500 2 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of DDetton
    DDetton
    Participant

Just got my CQ-18T and have been playing with the WiFi and Ethernet networking. Something that surprised me was that the WiFi and Ethernet can not be enabled at the same time. Ideally, I would like to connect an iPad over WiFi and connect PC/Mac via ethernet. This means that when the iPad or PC is connected to the CQ, the device can no longer access anything else unless it has a second network interface. I hope that I am wrong about this but this sure seems like how it is working in the home studio. Unless someone points out something I am missing, looks like I’ll be using my own wifi router so that I can have both ethernet and wifi connectivity to the CQ.

Profile photo of mfusa
    mfusa
    Participant

Yes, correct. Only one at a time. At least it’s not too hard to switch with the embedded screen on the CQ18 compared to CQ20.

An external router provides a lot of flexibility so that you can switch between wired and wireless without having to reconfigure the CQ and also giving you some better options for enabling an internet connection at the same time.

I use a GL-iNet Opal travel router and introduces a lot of flexibility in a small package.

Profile photo of marc13500
    marc13500
    Participant

Hello to everyone,

Has someone already tried to connect simultaneously (the CQ20B Ethernet LAN port AND the USB-B output port of the CQ20B) to the (USB-B input of the GL-iNet Opal travel external router AND a LAN input of the GL-iNet Opal travel external router) to convey simultaneously all audio data’s channels + CQ20B control commands via only one cat5 cable connecting a MacBook elsewhere ?

Thanks in advance,

Marc

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.