What Is Possible/Planned As Far As Updates/Features Goes

Forums Forums CQ Forums CQ General Discussions What Is Possible/Planned As Far As Updates/Features Goes

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of willmodelisme willmodelisme 3 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Will
    Will
    Participant

I see there is a feature request forum here, people asking for new FX, new features, like the internal recorder being able to be used as a true stand alone recorder.

Are things like that possible through software updates? How soon will stuff like that happen, are there plans for anything at the moment, or would any sort of new feature be far down the road. And will those sorts of things cost extra?

Thanks.

Profile photo of Dave71
    Dave71
    Participant

I believe that A&H will restrict the functions to maintain some separation between the CQ and the more expensive but comparatively feature rich QU-SB. Only had my 20b for a couple of days and so far Iā€™d be happy with a mute group or 2.

Other manufactures do offer some of the requested functions but at the cost of others features. The stereo inputs, built in recording, wifi and configurable foot switches put the CQ at the top of the list.

Profile photo of Lee7
    Lee7
    Participant

@Dave71,

You can create Mute groups if you were to use the Mixing Station app along with other features not available on the official app. However, MS has no transport controls for USB as yet.

Profile photo of Dave71
    Dave71
    Participant

Thanks Lee7, I’ve downloaded Mixing Station but have yet to have a look at it. Want to get round all the native app stuff first.

Cheers

Profile photo of Lee7
    Lee7
    Participant

@Dave71,

You can actually customise the MS app to suit your own needs, and once you get to know it you will find that it is a far quicker platform to move around. The official app thus far is a bit clunky and awkward. With MS depending on your screen size you can pretty much have everything you need on the one screen.

šŸ™‚

Profile photo of willmodelisme
    willmodelisme
    Participant

Mixing station cover pretty much a lot of the already posted features request for CQ line. I would say the major ones.
    The APP is also actively updated and will satisfy a lot of CQ users now and I am sure in the future.
    For the initial question I can understand that A&H remain careful if not silent about new potential future features.
    It’s to avoid too many expectation and frustration.
    I also agree with Dave71 thought.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.