User Manual for New User of AH products needed

Forums Forums CQ Forums CQ General Discussions User Manual for New User of AH products needed

This topic contains 9 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of nottooloud nottooloud 7 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Cimonti
    Cimonti
    Participant

Hello there, I have been searching for the CQ18 user manuals but cannot find any. I am new to AH and not familiar with the UI. Also kind of new to the digital mixer world. A user manual can help a lot get started and also so I can ask better questions.

The UI is not very intuitive for newbie like me. Example: I am trying to load tracks in the multitrack recording. And nothing is being detected using USB and SD Card. Is there a desktop app i should use? Without a user manual I am unable to figure things out on my own and stuck.

Please advise. Thanks.

Profile photo of Brian
    Brian
    Participant

It doesn’t appear that A&H has released that documentation yet. It’s not unusual for technical documentation to be released after the actual hardware.

When it is released, it should be available on the A&H product page. A&H tends to put them under the “Firmware” section as a firmware reference manual, but there doesn’t seem to be anything available yet. https://www.allen-heath.com/cq/cq-18t/

Profile photo of Hangingout
    Hangingout
    Participant

I really wish there were some instructions. It has a start page that says update firmware; but even firmware update page has no instructions. Kind of frustrating.

Profile photo of Cimonti
    Cimonti
    Participant

There is a video for it. close to where you have the firmware download.. But yes, i’ve had some frustration navigating things for a couple of days trying to figure out what it can and cannot do. I hope the AH team reads this and gives us a chance to see if this product is right for us. There is only limited time to return where i am from.

Profile photo of MistaPuss
    MistaPuss
    Participant

Firmware update can be done with a USB STICK. BUT actually less hassle when done from the remote app. Keep trying with the remote app. You can call me for help
    Troy 863-286-7814

Profile photo of Nicola A&H
    Nicola A&H
    Keymaster

We hope to have a user guide out next week and how-to videos added to our Youtube channels soon.
    In the meantime, feel free to ask specific questions here or reach out to our Support team at support.allen-heath.com

Profile photo of MistaPuss
    MistaPuss
    Participant

Can the Quick Start channel configuration be changed? I don’t put drums in my first 8 channels etc?
    If not, I will die from laughing so hard

Profile photo of Nicola A&H
    Nicola A&H
    Keymaster

The Quick Start templates are meant as examples and starting points. You can of course have channels in any order, just use the channel library in the Config or Processing screen to pick a Quick or Complete preset for each channel and go from there.

Profile photo of Alex
    Alex
    Participant

I think it’s on line now

Profile photo of nottooloud
    nottooloud
    Participant
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.