Typing in Specific Values (Sends/Faders) in Director

Forums Forums dLive Forums dLive feature suggestions Typing in Specific Values (Sends/Faders) in Director

This topic contains 10 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of  Anonymous 5 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

I know it’s been brought up before, but I’mma bring it up again: Please PLEEEEEEASE add the ability to enter text/numerical values for fader positions/sends etc in Director!

Profile photo of Wolfgang
    Wolfgang
    Participant

+1

in addition, it would be very practical if you could also enter the number of the socket directly to select certain inputs.

…Or Gain settings into preamp, or pan values (+/- and a number.)

Profile photo of Jens-Droessler
    Jens-Droessler
    Participant

Also, a feature for entering channel names quickly would be nice. On iLive’s editor the channel to enter a name for changes to the next one on hitting return. That is by far faster than having to press select on the next channel going back to the name input window and so on. Maybe there even is such a feature, but I haven’t found it yet.

I’m pretty sure you can do that with director. Tab cycles through channels; so type name, enter, tab, rinse lather repeat should make quick work of that.

Profile photo of erniep-23
    erniep-23
    Participant

I have found that if you label things through the I/O tab that you can blow through naming quickly like the Ilive.

Wolfgang
    Participant

you can name in the Director in the text input field, then press Enter.

then press TAB to automatically jump to the next channel.
    you do not have to leave the name entry mask.

But it took me two years until I found that out by chance 😉

Profile photo of Zistan
    Zistan
    Participant

Name is not very important. It is much more important to enter exact numerical values. Now this can’t be done, even with the help of control/shift. This is very inconvenient, especially for delay values and another numerical data.

+ many for this feauture.

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

you can name in the Director in the text input field, then press Enter.

then press TAB to automatically jump to the next channel.
    you do not have to leave the name entry mask.

But it took me two years until I found that out by chance 😉

Is this possible in MixPad? With other iPad mixing apps, I’m constantly re-naming channels using the iPad and most have the ability to scroll back and forth between channels without hiding the keyboard. There’s no TAB key on the iPad keyboard. I use this feature a LOT on other consoles!

Wolfgang
    Participant

why don’t you want to work with the director?

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

Director’s Fine, but when I’m out on stage patching and checking lines, I like to be able to name channels. iPad is best for mobility.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.