Trying to run QU-Sb from VLC on a Raspberry Pi 4

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions Trying to run QU-Sb from VLC on a Raspberry Pi 4

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Profile photo of Simon Simon 3 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Simon
    Simon
    Participant

Hi Folks

Here is my setup:
    I have a main stage rack with a QU-Sb mixer controlled via an iPad Pro using an Apple AirLink Wireless access point. I have a Raspberry Pi4 running Buster that I use to switch patches from a setlist app that I wrote installed in the rack. My objective is to have a media player to play mp3s during the band breaks, controlled by our sound guy. I am trying to run VLC (because We can control it remotely via the iPad) on the Raspberry Pi using the QU-Sb as a sound card connected via USB. Unfortunately I cannot get any audio functioning. The raspberry Pi recognises the QU-Sb as an audio device and I can get it to play white noise using the procedure from this link:
    https://raspberrypi.stackexchange.com/questions/80072/how-can-i-use-an-external-usb-sound-card-and-set-it-as-default
    So at some level the system is working but when I go into the configuration setup for VLC and select the QU-Sb as the audio output device (yes it recognises it), I get no audio!

This is the setup I have in VLC:

VLC ALSA Config Settings

I have two questions!
    1) Has anyone managed to get a QU running from VLC on Linux
    2) Does anyone know of an app that a) will run on linux, b) works with a QU and c) can be remotely controlled via an iPad(iOS)

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.