ST3 Jack socket warn out…

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ troubleshooting ST3 Jack socket warn out…

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Mike C Mike C 3 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of churchy
    churchy
    Participant

The ST3 socket on my SQ6 seems to be playing up, I think it needs replacing as the plug fit is loose, cutting out periodically. What are my options? Warrantee replacement (20 months old)? Simple replacement? Does it require soldering or is it simpler than that? Is there a maintenance manual available? Does it have to be an authorised repairer? Etc etc…
    Thanks in anticipation!
    Loving the desk otherwise, especially the latest firmware update: RTA on EQ, yay!

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

you ask a lot of question at the wrong place

you should contact your dealer

Profile photo of Mike C
    Mike C
    Participant

Have you tried other plugs in the ST3?
    The tip profile on the plug can make a difference in how well it works in a jack.

Personally I don’t consider any 3.5mm / 18th inch jack to be a heavy duty constant
    use type of connector.

May consider using a small extension cable to plug into saving the wear and tear on the actual ST33 jack.

That all said if getting into an SQ (and I’m sure it’s a little more dense) is anything like a QU it would not a project to take on for your first repair job.
    I wasn’t going in to repair the the ST3 but if I remember correctly it looked like the ST3, USB, headphone jack, ALT Out and headphone level were all on one smaller board. It would require soldering to replace just the jack.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.