SQ6 USB output stopped

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ troubleshooting SQ6 USB output stopped

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of nottooloud nottooloud 1 year, 1 month ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of nottooloud
    nottooloud
    Participant

Recording a concert Friday night. First 2 bands went fine. Partway through the 3rd band, I happened to notice that the DAW wasn’t advancing. Reaper said it was recording, but the counter and waveform weren’t changing. Stopped and started recording, no change. Restarted Reaper, and it told me it couldn’t find the SQ. Looked in System Audio, and sure enough, no SQ. Swapped the cable, plugged into a another laptop, no go. Switched the desk to SQ Drive and back, no go. SQ Drive appeared to be working, and I happened to have one of the few sticks I own that handles SQ Drive reliably, so I started recording on that. No errors before the 3rd band ended, so I recorded the headliner via SQ Drive instead of attempting a mid concert desk reboot.

Fired up the board for yesterday’s show, and it’s all happy again.

I really really really wish we had redundant recording on SQ Drive and USB output, like we do on Qu.

nottooloud
    Participant

It’s down again tonight.

Profile photo of tourtelot
    tourtelot
    Participant

Ugh, and I know this is maybe not the answer you are looking for. And it costs bux. But might consider getting a Dante card for your SQ. Dante out to a laptop with a Virtual Sound Card and Reaper.

This will kill the proverbial “two birds” allowing you to back up to SQ Drive.

Just a thought.

D.

nottooloud
    Participant

I’d love to go Dante for several reasons. Can’t find anything available sooner than August.

Profile photo of tourtelot
    tourtelot
    Participant

Yeah, that is a problem. Ugh!

D.

nottooloud
    Participant

Seems to be working again. Sigh.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.