SQ Startup scene – no login.

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ feature suggestions SQ Startup scene – no login.

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Profile photo of coppo coppo 1 year, 4 months ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of coppo
    coppo
    Participant

We have a scenario where users can be any ability from experts to those who can just operate a switch labelled ‘turn on here’. (An BSI user – british standard Idiot)

With current SQ6 feature set the best I have got so far is:
    I have created a scene and a user who only can access that one scene – nothing else. The scene is a basic AMM setup with preset levels.
    The user still has to turn on the desk, login (admittedly with no password) and then accept his default login scene.
    If he rejects that offer he is then left with whatever the previous operator had been doing – which can be disastrous.

Improvement 1:
    One way around this would be a default power on scene – no login required.

i.e That’s what happens when you turn on the power. The desk could be hidden away.
    I have slightly mixed feelings about this as our current analogue system does this by use of a locked away 8 channel pre-mixer.
    The problem is the BSI user turns on the mains power and then goes and gets and plugs in the phantom power mike with the resulting big bang.
    I’d prefer another step to ‘ARM’ the system – see below.

Improvement 2:
    Another slightly safer way may be to allow external input – eg footswitch or midi command, to load a scene even if no login.
    The user turns on the power and is told to push a button (the footswitch) to enable the system.

This seems such a basic omission for houses of worship. Our building is often used for funerals and weddings run by a visiting team.
    There are usually very simple PA requirements and most times, there is no sound engineer support.
    There are two main requirements:
    1. It must be easy to turn on and off.
    2. It must be impossible to do damage or hurt peoples ears

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.