SQ MixPad: can't assign softkeys to

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ troubleshooting SQ MixPad: can't assign softkeys to

Tagged: , ,

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Art Art 5 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of HP
    HP
    Participant

Hello,

I am currently preparing a small show in which I want to control functions such as DCA spill and the AMM controls for a panel discussion via the 9-16 softkeys not available on the SQ5.

Unfortunately, I can’t seem to find or drag the softkeys to a layer/fader bank in offline mode in the MixPad app (as described HERE). I can configure them, but I can’t get them as functional buttons in any screen.
    Normally, in terms of logic, I would have dragged it from the top of the “Strip Assign” to a free “layer”. But there are no softkeys in the selection. Only “Inputs, Mix, FX, DCAs & MIDI”…

What am I doing wrong?

Best regards,
    HP

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Profile photo of Art
    Art
    Participant

Funny you should ask this question because I was looking for this answer, too. I have an older version of SQ Mixpad on an Android tablet that has Softkeys available in the setup screen for your layers. But it doesn’t seem to be there anymore.

Anyone have an answer for this?

Profile photo of KeithJ A&H
    KeithJ A&H

Hi Both,

It’s because when you’re in offline mode, the layers are the layers A-F that will be on the console itself, and not the custom layers of the app.
    (more details in this thread – https://community.allen-heath.com/forums/topic/mixpad-custom-layer#post-92102)

Because it’s not possible to assign a SoftKey to a channel strip on the hardware, it’s also not possible to assign to a layer in MixPad when offline.

Thanks,
    Keith.

Profile photo of Art
    Art
    Participant

Since I don’t have an SQ in front of me, you used to be able to have a Softkey strip of softkeys 1-4, 5-8, etc. in Mixpad, but of course, not on a console. Is that still available on Mixpad?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.