MixPad custom layer

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ troubleshooting MixPad custom layer

This topic contains 12 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of tutu13 tutu13 10 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Hugo
    Hugo
    Participant

Hi,
    I just receive my sq5 and on the Ipad the custom layer are empty while not on the desk…
    Any idea or is it a bug ?
    Thanks and stay safe

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

mixpad mirrors the desk
    if not connected there is nothing to mirror

Profile photo of KeithJ A&H
    KeithJ A&H

@hugo,

Every instance of SQ-MixPad has fixed channel-type access plus 6 custom strips, which are independent from the console fader layers.
    This is so you can have two engineers running the same console or fixed access to certain channels for example.
    However, if you want to copy layers from the desk (or just some of them) to the custom strips, just use the ‘Copy Desk Layer’ button at the top right of the ‘Setup > Custom Strip’ screen in MixPad.

Cheers,
    Keith.

Profile photo of Hugo
    Hugo
    Participant

Thanks !

SteffenR
    Participant

@keithjah

does the mixpad mirror the strip layout from the desk?
    I remember it that way…

When I bring my own custom layout in place on a MixPad instance
    is this layout stored without the console connected?
    Is there a way to restore MixPad Custom layer layout to the console?

Profile photo of Andre S
    Andre S
    Participant

Hi Steffen

the desk layer can be copied to mixpad. There is a dedicated button in mixpad-> setup in the upper right corner. It will ask, which layer you which to copy from the desk to mixpad.
    Other than that you can have completely different custom layers. I don´t think there is the option to push mixpads custom layer to SQ.

If I remember correctly: that last show, that is pulled to mixpad is available in the offline mode..but maybe I´m wrong about that

Cheers

KeithJ A&H

Hey @steffen R,

So all the different strip layouts available are:

SQ Surface A-F – Main 6 layers on the console itself.
    SQ-MixPad ‘Custom’ (online) – 6 independent layouts, can be copied from desk layers.
    SQ-MixPad ‘Layers’ (offline) – These are the layers you would see on the console itself if the show was recalled there.
    SQ-MixPad ‘Standard’ (online/offline) – fixed layers for quick access to any Inputs, Mix, FX, DCAs, Mute Groups, SoftKeys.

So I think the confusion is that when offline in SQ-MixPad you see the layers as you would on the console (so you can set them up correctly when away from the desk), but then online you see the 6 custom layouts (that allow for the separate control on each instance of MixPad mentioned above).

Cheers!
    Keith.

SteffenR
    Participant

thanx, that’s clears it for me now…

Profile photo of TravisBall
    TravisBall
    Participant

Hi! New to the Sq5 and Mix pad. Currently running it on my laptop as of right now as I get my iPad situation figured out. Which brings me to my question, I created my first several custom layers that are featured in the mixpad app on my laptop, saved my scene on the desk, which was being controlled by mixpad via my laptop . If I were to log into mixpad on another device, ie an iPad, would those custom layers be saved and pulled back up? In some of the reading ive done it seemed like each instance of mix pad gets its own custom layers, which could be helpful, unless I wanted the same custom layers on multiple devices. Can someone clear this up for me! And also point me to any area where there is documentation on mixpad, I can’t seem to find a manual yet.

TravisBall
    Participant

On a similar note, and this may be the wrong thread for this question, Ive been taking a look at the SQ4You app on my phone for personal mixing. I created my custom “group” of channels for individual mix and global mix control. Wondering if those groups only apply to my particular device when I log into the app and connect to the console, and each user that connects would have to create their own groups up logging in for the first time? Or could they choose the groups that I just created on my device?

KeithJ A&H

@travisball,

SQ-MixPad help can be reached from the login screen (there’s a ‘?’ button) or from the menu when logged in.
    As in the earlier post here, there are layers on the SQ itself (shown on MixPad when offline) and custom layers for each instance of MixPad when online.
    When online, you can copy the desk layers in the ‘Setup > Custom Strip’ screen, using the button in the top right labelled ‘Copy Desk Layer’.

All online setups/layouts/groups are stored locally in the app, so with SQ4You, the idea is that musicians/performers use their own device and set it us as they wish.

Thanks,
    Keith.

TravisBall
    Participant

@KeithJ A&H

Understood! Just was hoping for a faster way to integrate a new musician (sub) into a band that wouldn’t require them (or in reality me) to spend a few minutes setting up the SQ4You app for them to be able to mix on.

And regarding the Mix Pad app, copying desk layer only pulls from the console correct? There is no way to copy custom layers to another instance of mix pad on another device?

Profile photo of tutu13
    tutu13
    Participant

Hi everyone,

I finally finished configuring my 6 Layers on my laptop,
    it’s 3 times faster than doing it on the console, thanks Mixpad !

Only I don’t know how to transfer my layers to the SQ,
    also may I have a link to the Mixpad application manual? THANK YOU

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.