SQ Drive File Size?

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ general discussions SQ Drive File Size?

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Profile photo of tourtelot tourtelot 9 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of tourtelot
    tourtelot
    Participant

Here’s a weird one that probably has a straight-ahead answer.

I recorded a performance last night. I recorded to SQ-Drive an outboard-powered SSD (1TB) drive and also, via Dante to Reaper running on a MBP.

All files on both drives seem complete although I haven’t listened to playback from either application; just data wrangling so far.

The SQ-Drive sample rate was set to 48k, and I had Reaper set to record at 48k as well.

There is exactly twice as much data in each file on the SQ-Drive disk as there is on the Reaper disk. Each file on the SQ is twice the size of the Reaper file. When I drag the same files into Sound devices Wave Agent, both files are listed as being 48k files yet the run-time of the SQ file is shown as being twice as long. Let’s say, Reaper file #1 is shown as being 48k and 1.5 minutes long. The same file from the SQ-Drive is shown as being 48k but 3 minutes long.

I will be able to listen to these later today, but does anyone have any ideas on WTF is going on here?

Inquiring minds want to know.

D.

Profile photo of tourtelot
    tourtelot
    Participant

Duh. Figured it out. Silly miscalculation. All is good. 🙂

D.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.