SQ-6 Using Separate Aux Mixes

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ general discussions SQ-6 Using Separate Aux Mixes

This topic contains 8 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Tobi Tobi 6 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of MixMasterAV
    MixMasterAV
    Participant

Hi,

I’ve been using an SQ-6 for live shows and typically use Outputs 11/L and 12/R for the PA. There are times that I want to run a separate Aux send to various devices. Can someone guide me on how to set this up so that I can select specific channels to continue to use Outputs 11 & 12 for the PA but to also use the new Aux send for any devices I want to feed?

Thanks!

Profile photo of Tobi
    Tobi
    Participant

Best Regards,
    Tobias

MixMasterAV
    Participant

Hi Tobias!

This looks like exactly what I was looking for and I will try it this week. So let me ask you, If I want to create this separate mix from my house left and right would I then run my XLR feed out of another available output then select the same blue mix key and create the mix from within the Routing page? After selecting my faders do I need to save anything or does it remember my selections in real-time even though I may switch between Main and this Aux outputs?

Thank you!

Profile photo of Tobi
    Tobi
    Participant

Hi MixMaster,
    I am sorry — I really want to help but I don’t understand your question. My feeling is you are mixing up technicals terms in a way, I don’t know what you mean.

1. What is “create a separate mix from house L/R”
    -> no, you just create a separate mix, that has nothing to do with house L/R

2. “(…) then run myXLR feed out of another available output then select the same blue mix key and create the mix from within the Routing page”
    -> no, no, no 🙂
    You can send any Aux mix to any XLR jack in the Patching section. The blue mix keys are not attached to the XLR-Jacks, they are attached to the Mix busses (which may be an Aux Send or a Group, choose that in setup). And at last mixes are mainly not created from the routing page (which would be possible) but from sends-on-faders.

My feeling is: The video I sent you is from a series of videos called “SQ Tutorial” (or so) and is officially from Allen & Heath. For a starting point — watch them all!

Best Regards,
    Tobias

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

Good advice, Tobi!

MixMasterAV
    Participant

Sorry about that.

I’ll be using Outputs 11/L and 12/R for the house PA system.
    I want to be able to have a separate mix to send to say a Press Box / Camera Team. This way I can control the level sent to them without interfering with the PA level. I was hoping your video outlined the steps I need to take. What do you think is my best option to do that?

Thank you!

Profile photo of Tobi
    Tobi
    Participant

A separate Mix or a Copy of the l/r mix?

Have you watched all the Videos in the SQ Tutorial Playlist?

MixMasterAV
    Participant

Hi again,

It would probably be the same mix but just need the ability to have a separate master volume control. Yes, I have watched some but not all. Thanks for your help.

Profile photo of Tobi
    Tobi
    Participant

Use a matrix bus. It can be configured to have a Copy of Main but have an Own fader.

Best Regards,
    Tobias

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.