SQ 5 with Dante card

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ troubleshooting SQ 5 with Dante card

Tagged: 

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of RafiRafi
    Participant

How to connect AB 168 to dante card?

Profile photo of tourtelottourtelot
    Participant

You can’t.

D.

Profile photo of SteffenRSteffenR
    Participant

Not possible. You can connect the AB168 to the S-Link only.

Profile photo of BrianBrian
    Participant

As others have mentioned, you cannot connect the AB stage box directly to the console through Dante. It can only work through the S-Link port.

That being said, once it is connected to a console with a Dante card installed, you can route the I/O of the stage box through the Dante card (usually using Tielines, but there are other methods that could be appropriate given your exact needs). So any/all of the inputs and outputs of the stage box can be accessed from the Dante network, but only because it is the console providing this access. You’ll need to ensure the stage box is connected and working with the console, the console have the needed I/O routed through the installed Dante card, and the stage box and console must both be powered on for the I/O to be accessible on the Dante network.

Participant

Thanks guys

Participant

I want to know if I can connect a QU32 to Dante card to send all my outputs from the SQ

Profile photo of TobiTobi
    Participant

QU has no Dante. Use an SLink Card.

Profile photo of SQuserSQuser
    Participant

That is not possible either.
    But you can connect both consoles via SLink and dSNAKE to send your outputs (and more) between SQ and QU.
    To then also connect an AB168, however, you will need a second SLink in the SQ – with a card.
    But then you will no longer be able to operate a Dante card.

We know that you have an SQ5 with a Dante card, an AB168 and a QU32.
    But what do you want to do with it?

Profile photo of tourtelottourtelot
    Participant

Sorry and not trying to be rude. Dante is a “system”. To use it, you need devices that are capable of being Dante “enabled”. The QU is not one of those devices. Neither is the AB168. There might be some clunky work arounds like QU to a computer over USB (?), Dante Virtual Soundcard in the computer into a larger Dante network (including an SQ5 with a Dante Card). But “clunky” is the word and I don’t know about things like latency and so on with such a system.

If you want to put together a Dante AoIP network, you’ll need to get a grip on how Dante works. I would suggest that you start on the Audinate website (Audinate.com) and poke around. There is a somewhat steep learning curve for Dante; you will need to know a little about networking for a small rig and a lot about networking for a large rig. Good luck.

D.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.