SQ-5 Softkey Recording

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ troubleshooting SQ-5 Softkey Recording

Tagged: 

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Jens-Droessler Jens-Droessler 5 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of DaveHeath
    DaveHeath
    Participant

Morning all,
    I’m using a SQ-5 with v1.2.0 r2258
    So when trying to be lazy I set up a soft key to start the recording on the SQ-stereo drive.
    Turns out that you can make a recording if you use the start/pause option in the soft key menu. It arms and records with one press. Hurrar! Super lazy me is happy.
    Until you try and make a second recording. When it doesn’t increment the track number and tries to record over the top of itself. Either successfully overwriting the first recording or by heavily distorting the audio.

I guess my question/comment is can we get this fixed or disabled depending on your opinion of how that play/pause option should work. Personally, where we have a separate section for playback, do we really need an ‘ARM’ button on a dedicated recorder?

Note: If you use two softkeys, one for arm and one for start/pause it all works lovely.

Profile photo of Jens-Droessler
    Jens-Droessler
    Participant

Yes, it would be nice if a press on the combined record/start softkey while already recording would close the current recording file(s), increment the name and continue recording seamlessly.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.