Shure integration and vlans

Forums Forums Avantis Forums Avantis General Discussions Shure integration and vlans

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Chris Chris 1 year, 8 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Kevg
    Kevg
    Participant

So trying to get my head around the Avantis networking.

So at the moment we have the consoles Network connection attached to our control vlan WiFi.. Ip address 10.13.x.x.

Our Dante network vlan runs on 10.14.x.x.

So in the ULXD the Dante primary is 10.14.x.x.

So out avantis needs to sit on the 10.13.x.x for our ipads to work.

The control port on the Avantis Dante card is that connected to the desk remotes ip address? Ie a clone of the network port?

If I use the link network port switch on the Dante card will that allow me to talk to the rf control of the ulx d?

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

If I use the link network port switch on the Dante card will that allow me to talk to the rf control of the ulx d?

It depends.

The control port on the Avantis Dante card is that connected to the desk remotes ip address?

No. Normally not. This allows control over the Dante network independent of the other networks.
    But the mentioned switch bridges both networks.
    And this has nothing to do with IP addresses.

https://www.allen-heath.com/media/Dante-and-Allen-Heath.pdf

Profile photo of Chris
    Chris
    Participant

To start with, all of the addresses you listed are within the same network if you are using a proper class A private network. All devices SHOULD see each other if your IP addressing is properly set. However, don’t fall into the trap of using a class C network mask (which most home/office consumers are used to 192.168.1.x) which is 255.255.255.0. For a proper class A network, which you are using (10.x.x.x) the network mask is 255.0.0.0. If you are experiencing any issues, I would check to make sure that all devices are using a proper mask. Especially if your Ipads need to be on a specific IP address.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.