Setting time and date

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ general discussions Setting time and date

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Jos Jos 5 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Jos
    Jos
    Participant

I’ve noticed that the files coming off my SQ mixers are all set with timestamps in 1970 — I’m assuming when the mixer boots it starts somewhere around there and just rolls time/date forward the longer it’s on. Is there any way to *set* the time and date on the mixer, so that files are written with the correct date & time? (It does make it a bit awkward to figure out which show files are which based on timestamp. 🙂 )

Profile photo of Geoff
    Geoff
    Participant

I’m not sure about your SQ, but mine dates every file as Jan. 1, 2017. So it doesn’t even have a running clock that just happens to always start at the same place.

Might as well get used to it. It’s one of the [annoying but minor] limitations of the SQ’s operating system.

The exception to this is show or scene files that I have created or edited on a PC. They will have the correct date, assuming my computer’s clock has been set accurately.

Geoff

Profile photo of Søren Steinmetz
    Søren Steinmetz
    Participant

It is one of the, for some minor for others major, shortcommings of the SQ hardware platform, there is no RTC (real time clock) on the board.
    It would need a different board inside the console to add that, as it is not something simply done in firmware.

Profile photo of Jos
    Jos
    Participant

That’s a shame, especially since there are elegant ways of fixing it with minimal OS changes by pulling the time/date off of connected devices, or supplying it with DHCP info on the network. Not a show-stopper, but something I’ll have to remember to sort out in a post-recording workflow.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.